Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am a proud owner of a speed6, I have had it for about 3 months and I have no complaints! Anyways I installed my CAI about a month ago, and when doing that we disconnected the battery. So everything in my car was reset, the time, radio stations, and windows weren't working properly. Anyways I think that my car might need to be reflashed again, seems like i'm getting power loss, can anyone confirm that I might need to reflash again or is it all in my head?

Thanks

·
Registered
875 Posts
Hello,

I am a proud owner of a speed6, I have had it for about 3 months and I have no complaints! Anyways I installed my CAI about a month ago, and when doing that we disconnected the battery. So everything in my car was reset, the time, radio stations, and windows weren't working properly. Anyways I think that my car might need to be reflashed again, seems like i'm getting power loss, can anyone confirm that I might need to reflash again or is it all in my head?
Thanks
[/b]

Window thing is an easy fix. Go to each door and hold up the window close button until the window is closed and then hold it a few seconds after that. Then they will all work like they did before from the drivers door master control.

As for power loss....explain what you are seeing now. Mine seems good still since the reflash.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I fixed the window problem after it happened, but thanks for the help anyways. When I first got the reflash done I could feel a slight difference, and everything was fine. It was after I disconnected the battery that the car didn't feel the same, it kinda felt like it did before I got the reflash. That's why I was asking do I need to get the reflash done again since my car basically restarted if that's what you want to call it.

Thanks in advance,

Shaun

·
Registered
940 Posts
I fixed the window problem after it happened, but thanks for the help anyways. When I first got the reflash done I could feel a slight difference, and everything was fine. It was after I disconnected the battery that the car didn't feel the same, it kinda felt like it did before I got the reflash. That's why I was asking do I need to get the reflash done again since my car basically restarted if that's what you want to call it.

Thanks in advance,

Shaun
[/b]
No - your car will just need to relearn parameters - losing battery connection will not affect your reflash.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The reflash is entirely new code loaded into the ecu, it is there for good, it can't magically go back the way it was. It is flash memory, not viotile memory like the windows etc.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
as a former suffer of powerloss symptoms: you will know if you are suffering from powerloss. my car drove worse than a 97 kia rio with a trunk full of bricks.

you may have got low octane fuel. this would degrade some performance.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Disconnecting the battery will not affect the reflash at all. Most new cars have a learning computer and it needs to be ran a few times to get everything back to normal. In a few days it should feel fine again.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Disconnecting the battery will not affect the reflash at all. Most new cars have a learning computer and it needs to be ran a few times to get everything back to normal. In a few days it should feel fine again.
[/b]
as fine as the reflashed car feels anyway. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts