Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been trying to paint my eyelids with spray paint from paintscratch.com and I can't seem to get the paint to be smooth, it always has a textured look. My technique has been 3 coats of primer, lightly sand with 1000 grit, 3 light coats and 2 medium coats of paint, lightly sanded with 1000 grit, and then 4 coats of clear. The conditions have been probably about 60 degrees and less then 40% humidity. After all that it still has a noticeable textured look. Any ideas on what I should do or anyway that you have done it that has worked?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am doing the same thing right now so I feel your pain. I can't speak directly for the eyelids, because mine aren't finished yet. I have painted other things though and the technique I used was as follows.
Sand surface to make paint stick. Hit with 2 coats of primer. Then spray with paint after primer has dried. Usually 2-3 coats. When that dries spray with clear 3-4 coats. Then wet sand until slightly dull and then polish with a paint polish.

Like I said before I am in the process right now so I will let you know how mine turns out.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
what do you mean by textured? is it evenly spread throughout the eyelid? or just in spots? maybe dust/dirt is gettin on it before it drys. or maybe its the paint itself. i've delt with bad paint before. try getting another can, or maybe even a different nozzle. it could be dirty, which can result in uneven spray....these are just things to consider. good luck.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its not like actually textured to the touch like something landed on it. Just when you look at it its not smooth looking, its sort of like the orange peel look on the whole thing. I've also tried two different cans and it comes out the same way. Thanks for ideas though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts