Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you guys bought your new tires online at places such as edgeracing.com. Did you guys have them to deliver it to your house or to a tire shop? Obviously we will need to bring it to a shop for mounting and balancing. I just cannot imagine how am I going to carry all 4 tires to a shop considering I only own the 6. Do I really need to make multiple trips to the shop? :huh:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will any local shop do it?

Um... I've taken 4 tires and 4 rims to a shop all in my 6, just trash bag'em if necessary. It is not a hard thing to do, just put them in the trunk and back seat. take out your spare if need be, although unnecessary.
[/b]
:huh: :huh: When you mean 4 tires. Do you mean all 4 of them at the same time??? Will they fit?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Any garage with a tire mount + balancer should do it for you. I can't quote cost, because a friend of mine/my dad's works at a garage so I could have gotten special pricing.

If you are worried about the rims being scratched (possible, happened to my parents when they had to have tires replaced) then take pictures of the rims before/after, and take to an actual tire shop.

yes, all 4 tires AND all 4 rims at once, rims not mounted on the tires. Our car has a body bag trunk and spacious rear area for stowing things. As I said, use garbage bags for whatever you put in the back seat.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just brought my factory wheels and tires home today ( put on the new Enkei's/Nitto555's on Monday ). The four tires fit perfectly in the trunk of my Speed6. You shouldn't have a problem. In my shop I'd charge you $60-$80 to mount and balance your new tires. May seem like a lot of money, but consider these new machines ( a Hunter 3500 and 9712 ) cost nearly $25,000. Ouch!

·
Registered
391 Posts
mlai, I bought my proxes from edgeracing and they were delivered to my house. I didn't even think about having them delivered to the shop. If you were going to do that, I'd be sure and call the shop first ;)

I had no problem fitting all 4 tires in the back of my hatch :drive: Even tried to wear my tires out on the way to the shop! :yesnod:

Hehe... I got it done at Merchant's tire (Part of the Sear's Tire america watcha-ma-call-it), they did a good job, and a really good price!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mlai, I bought my proxes from edgeracing and they were delivered to my house. I didn't even think about having them delivered to the shop. If you were going to do that, I'd be sure and call the shop first ;)

I had no problem fitting all 4 tires in the back of my hatch :drive: Even tried to wear my tires out on the way to the shop! :yesnod:

Hehe... I got it done at Merchant's tire (Part of the Sear's Tire america watcha-ma-call-it), they did a good job, and a really good price!
[/b]

Good price? How much? :sarc:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts