Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have seen alot of mazda6's out there and on this site and all the ones ive seen with the mesh grille has a body kit or something....i want one but i have the 04 Mazda6s with the sport kit...i dont wanna put a body kit on it, thats y i was just wondering if you guys would still think the mesh grille looks good on my car...anyone have 6 with the sport kit and just the mesh grille?

thanks

·
Registered
536 Posts
i have seen alot of mazda6's out there and on this site and all the ones ive seen with the mesh grille has a body kit or something....i want one but i have the 04 Mazda6s with the sport kit...i dont wanna put a body kit on it, thats y i was just wondering if you guys would still think the mesh grille looks good on my car...anyone have 6 with the sport kit and just the mesh grille?

thanks
[/b]
I have tryed everything with silver mesh grills and I cant seem find anything that looks sharp!! I have done only mesh, mesh over the exsiting. I am trying a couple more ideas before I give up and keep the black plastic

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have tryed everything with silver mesh grills and I cant seem find anything that looks sharp!! I have done only mesh, mesh over the exsiting. I am trying a couple more ideas before I give up and keep the black plastic
[/b]

Yea...I prefer the black plastic as well, the silver just looks...wierd.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I like the look of the silver on the lapis blue with some silver rims. But I just cant get it to look right!

·
Registered
814 Posts
think about maybe putting the silver mesh behind the black plastic....i dont know.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I have the silver mesh over my black plastic but after a while it just looks like crap and I have to replace it, it gets old replacing it but if you don't it looks bad. I need to replace it or do something now but I just can't motivate myself to do it!! It isn't hard but just time consuming. I'm thinking about just leaving it black for a while but I'm not sure yet.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I have the silver mesh over my black plastic but after a while it just looks like crap and I have to replace it, it gets old replacing it but if you don't it looks bad. I need to replace it or do something now but I just can't motivate myself to do it!! It isn't hard but just time consuming. I'm thinking about just leaving it black for a while but I'm not sure yet.
[/b]
Make sure you don't get the metal mesh, I know home depot and other home improvement stores have the rubber type mesh which doesn't take a beating like the metal one does. It might be a tid bit pricier, but it'll most likely last a LONG time, if not be permenant. Unfortunately it only comes in black, so you might have to paint it silver...or reflective blue, any color you want :)

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I did the mesh route on my sport body a while ago, but it got all bent in from interstate/turnpike driving from wind resistance and looked like sh*t! If anything, go with a grille from Mr. Grille or something. Heavy duty and won't bend easily.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Just order the JDM grille. Cuz it is very hard to make it look right by putting the mest ontop or behind the black plastic. I mean thats what i would do, but its up to u. Good luck with it though.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Just pull out the plastic and paint it silver. Wen you put it back it will look like steel mesh but wott rust or bend up. Use bond-aid and heavy duty commercial grade silver paint and will hold up pretty well to wind road stuff.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Exactly. Home depot mesh FTW. STSCS did a custom mesh job that looked great. You should hit him up and get his thoughts on it. I liked it from what I saw.
[/b]
agreed, stscs's looked good. he told me that he used that rhino lining type spray to put over the mesh and that seemed to toughen it up a lot. but i guess this assumes you want black grills...

one question i have is that i think he said he cut out the inside of the plastic before putting the mesh over the "frames" of the three mesh openings... does this sound right/necessary?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.