Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My Mazda 6 is the first manual transmission car I have owned and I am a bit confused. I know that an automatic transmission car's transmission fluid MUST be FLUSHED because of the pressurized compartment within the transmission or something, but I was wondering if a manual transmissions car's transmission fluid needs to be flushed or if it simply just needs to be drained and replaced. I bought my car used with 20,000 miles on it, and after owning it for a year and half, I am now close to 45,000 miles on it. I would really like to replace my transmission fluid and probably should have done so sooner. When I bring it into the shop, should I be asked for the fluid to be changed out or do I need a flush?

Also, I know there is a manual that comes with the car and such, but not knowing too much about cars and car maintenance, I find that the manual can be a little vague sometimes. I was hoping you guys could make a few suggestions of other maintenance I should do to my transmission or car in general with the big 45,000 miles coming up. I would like to run this car into the ground and at least have it around for a few years after the financing is over. I feel like good maintenance is the key, but then once I realize how uneducated I am about car maintenance, that I put things off because I'm not sure of what needs to be done.

Also, if you guys could suggest a quality transmission fluid, that would be great. Do you think a mechanics garage would care if I brought in my own transmission fluid for them to put in?

Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Jax6S
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing