Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I just ordered the CP-E HKS BOV Kit. I started the install and I realize that I dont have the o-ring on my factory BOV. Theses morons at a shop that did my exhaust, decided it would be cool to disconnect my bov for a short time to see how it sounded, they lost it, and of course never mentioned it to me. Should I go on with the install without the factory BOV o-ring and if yes what does it do. If not any ideas where I can get another one? (other than mazda)

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hey all, I just ordered the CP-E HKS BOV Kit. I started the install and I realize that I dont have the o-ring on my factory BOV. Theses morons at a shop that did my exhaust, decided it would be cool to disconnect my bov for a short time to see how it sounded, they lost it, and of course never mentioned it to me. Should I go on with the install without the factory BOV o-ring and if yes what does it do. If not any ideas where I can get another one? (other than mazda)
[/b]
You need to go back to the dealership and bust some ass. If you can't trust the technician working on your 32,000 dollar machine to put something as simple as an o-ring gasket back on when he is monkeying around with your car, he isn't worth a damn.

That kind of crap just roasts me. And to think you wouldn't have noticed it until it potentially caused you a problem later on if you hadn't of been trying to install a new BOV! :irate:

·
Registered
101 Posts
[/b]

I would recommed getting one before installing your bov. The two surfaces are very flat so it might not leak but if it does you will have a bad boost leak. Also i dont think you will be able to find one anywhere other than Mazda. The car has not been around long enough for other companys to start making parts like that.

Tommy

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bah the story of my life, problem after problem, maybe one day one install will go perfect without a problem :) Do you think Mazda will give me shit for it? Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would just call order the part and go pick it up not in your MS6 so they have no idea who you are. That way you can stay away from warranty problems.

Tommy

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the fast responces and help. One last question before I call mazda tomorrow any idea of how much this little o ring will cost im sure it wont be much, but you never know with factory parts :)
- Adam

·
Registered
998 Posts
Or go up to Autozone and buy a sheet of rubber/cork gasket paper for $5.65 and make your own gasket. Especially if you're using an adapter flange
which has a flat surface to begin with; unlike the stock bov.

But definitly bust some ass about taking off your bov and losing the part.

Jason

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
You could check Rosenthal Mazda on this site. They should be able to get the O-ring and not jump on your case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
Poohster
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing