Mazda 6 Forums banner
141 - 160 of 325 Posts
G

·
The system didn't like my iPod classic 160 gig from the get go. I then tried my old iPod Nano 16 gig, it loaded slowly, at least it worked. Now on the Nano, I've been getting the iPod Error message now since this past Saturday (12/28). I tried as best a process of elimination as I could. Factory reset on the iPod, swapped cables, reduced the overall number of songs on the iPod, still nothing seems to help.
Is there a master reboot option of some sort with the infotainment system?

G

·
Just as a follow up. As another try to narrow down the issue. I loaded up a memory stick with some music and gave that a try in the USP port. That seems to work fine. With the iPod working as is should on its own, and the USB port working with a memory stick, I think this would mean the issue is with the head unit & its inability to cooperate with the iPod.

If I had my druthers, I'd rather they spent the money on making the infotainment work correctly than adding a back up camera.

·
Registered
1 Posts
With regards to the USB flash drive issues (taking long time to scan, starts from beginning every time, no folder browsing function). I am seriously considering replacing the infotainment system with a 3rd party audio system. Listening from the USB key is so important to me and I won't mind swinging a few hundred bucks to get it working. Does this sound like a good solution? Will it even work? Any suggestions?

G

·
A minor resolution for now. I took the car to the dealership last nite. They tried my iPod in another vehicle, and it worked fine. They tried one of the tech's iPod in my car and it worked. Then they tried my iPod in my car again, and it worked.
They don't know what happened or why, but it seems to be working fine now; and it is.

G

·
Here's the response I received from Mazda to my e-mail question about the issue;

Please verify that the iPod devices that you are using are compatible with your 2014 Mazda6 Sport. This information can be found by visiting www.mazdausa.com, selecting “Owners” and then “Bluetooth.” Once you enter your preferred language and the year, model, and trim level of your vehicle, you will be transferred to a new page that will list compatibility. Under “Carrier,” you will want to select “No Carrier – USB device.”

Mazda is aware that some owner’s may be experiencing issues with the connectivity of their iPods through the USB port found in their Mazda6. In most instances, owners using devices containing large gigabytes may experience long delays in having the music load/transferred through the USB port. This is an issue that Mazda is working hard to resolve but unfortunately an ETA is not currently available as to when this concern may be corrected. In the meantime, we are encouraging owners to stream their music through your vehicle’s Bluetooth system or by connecting your iPod directly to your Mazda6’s AUX input. We recommend that you check back periodically in order to verify if this issue has been corrected.

One again we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate you taking the time to contact us regarding this issue.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Took my car to dealership for oil change. Tech hooked up his iPhone 4 and a belkin cord and it worked. He hooked my iPhone 4 up using his cord and it wouldn't work. It showed charging but no music. I hooked up my ipod nano 6th gen with iphone 4 cord and it works. Dont know.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Update from my most recent correspondence with Mazda USA,

Regarding the long iPod integration time, Mazda is aware of the condition and is actively working for a solution to decrease the time it takes for the iPod to pair with the vehicle. At its release, the improvement will be available through a Mazda dealership. At this time, there is no announcement as to when that improvement will be released.

Just in case some were wondering regarding a fix from Mazda.

Reactions: cpnfantstk

·
Registered
617 Posts
Update from my most recent correspondence with Mazda USA,

Regarding the long iPod integration time, Mazda is aware of the condition and is actively working for a solution to decrease the time it takes for the iPod to pair with the vehicle. At its release, the improvement will be available through a Mazda dealership. At this time, there is no announcement as to when that improvement will be released.

Just in case some were wondering regarding a fix from Mazda.
Thanks for keeping us updated. Since the 15s are going to have the same system, I definitely can see an update coming very soon. There has been so much criticism of the system that it would be stupid for Mazda not to perfect it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
101 Posts
Maybe I'm just being stupid, but why would Mazda keep our current system when the '14 Mazda3 has implemented what I deemed a much improved system based upon my limited test drive? I honestly much prefer the looks of our current setup, but you can't deny how much better the 3's infotainment unit is performance-wise.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i like using my ipod hook up but the only problem i seem to have is that it always starts from the first song it never seems to just pick it back up from the last song i played is this normal or a setting issue?

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is, unfortunately, "normal". It is one of several issues folks are complaining about in this thread. Another is that if you switch to radio or CD and back, you must physically unplug the iPod for it to work again, in which case it starts up from the first song.

i like using my ipod hook up but the only problem i seem to have is that it always starts from the first song it never seems to just pick it back up from the last song i played is this normal or a setting issue?

G

·
This is, unfortunately, "normal". It is one of several issues folks are complaining about in this thread. Another is that if you switch to radio or CD and back, you must physically unplug the iPod for it to work again, in which case it starts up from the first song.
This is not the experience I am having with mine. If I take a phone call or switch to the radio for a while and back to the iPod, it will pick up where it left off. On the other hand, if I leave the car, shut it off, and then come back; when I restart the car, I have to wait for the iPod to reload and then it begins at the 1rst song all over again. I do agree, this is annoying, and not how it should be. In my expericence, Ford's Sync is much better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Maybe that means that Mazda is actually working on these problems, and has at least solved one of them. I will have to ask about this next time I take mine in for service.

This is not the experience I am having with mine. If I take a phone call or switch to the radio for a while and back to the iPod, it will pick up where it left off. On the other hand, if I leave the car, shut it off, and then come back; when I restart the car, I have to wait for the iPod to reload and then it begins at the 1rst song all over again. I do agree, this is annoying, and not how it should be. In my expericence, Ford's Sync is much better.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ok thanks. That's been there response for the last 6 months. I don't believe them any more.

My dealership says the same thing (at first they didn't even acknowledge it as an issue and try to come up with an explanation about why it does that). Needless to say they came off sounding retarded. And I assure you they'll be saying the same thing 4 years from now. By the time I pay off my car.

I haven't used my USB drive in 6 months. Just sticking to Bluetooth (which also exhibits issues, after a few tracks it gets stuck with the song info of one track and doesn't update even when you switch songs).

·
Registered
76 Posts
I actually made a decision to not trade up to the Grand Touring from my Touring the other day because I want to see if they actually address this. I'm going to sit tight, pay off a bit more of my negative equity, and if they fix it, I'll go lease a 2015 Grand Touring at the end of this year. If not, I'll likely go take a second look at the Ford Fusion Titanium or a first look at the upcoming redone Nissan Maxima (the Altima bores me). Both are a bit more money than the 6 GT, but they also have a bit more power (a lot more in the case of the Maxima). Not that I really need it, but it doesn't hurt. And with leasing the payment difference isn't that bad.

I really do hope they fix it though, I love my 6. I just don't want like the way they handled this infotainment nonsense, and I don't want to have to deal with it in a car long term.

141 - 160 of 325 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.