Mazda 6 Forums banner
121 - 140 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
my ipod will load after 2 min or so, biggest complaint is that it picks up from track one every time. I get so sick of hearing the same song every time it starts! A feeble complaint, but my 2011 VW CC would pick up right where I left off, and not "shuffle" in the same order each time. kinda sucks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow, just went through and read this entire thread. Really bummed right now! My 6 GT is less than two weeks old and while EVERYTHING ELSE about the car is fantastic, almost all of the problems reported here have been an annoyance to say the least. I'm very disheartened by it all and wondering if I made the right choice!?! My fallback has been to be thankful that I have 4 months of free Sirius to use instead of the Bluetooth, USB, or Pandora integration. And never mind that I can't download any texts or that the one time I tried to use voice commands for making a call it went very wrong!

I think the biggest complaint I have is that I UPGRADED for this crap! Yes there are plenty of other features that helped me decide upon the GT model over the Touring, but the upgraded Bose system with the Navigation was a major part of it.

Then tonight I start the car and realize that suddenly the Bluetooth had completely stopped working!! THIS CAR ISNT EVEN TWO WEEKS OLD!!! I found the thread here to reset the battery (a suspicion I had as well) and it did fix the problem, but how many effing times am I gonna have to do that?!

I went in to my dealership tonight and they had no idea about the Bluetooth issue and told me to make an appointment with service... I'll be calling tomorrow and making a complaint to Mazda instead. One more voice to join the crusade. This is ridiculous and NEEDS TO BE FIXED!! I traded out of a 2004 Pontiac Vibe with an Alpine system that was 5 years old and worked with my iPod beautifully! I really wanted the full integration but am now wishing I had my old Alpine back!

Ugh!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
This is one of the reasons I am very likely to buy a Sport MT and then install my own tunes, tossing the factory rig.

Unfortunately the idea that manufacturers can actually manage to do tech competently has been disproven time and time again, usually with much frustration. I've yet to find a "fully integrated" new car's entertainment system that doesn't piss me off in SOME fashion. Fortunately Mazda gives me a way to avoid paying for something that sucks, and it coincides with something I want (a manual gearbox) making it even better.

G

·
So, after I decided that the transmission on my 2012 Focus was not going to outlive the warrenty,and Ford started brumgling about replacing/fixing it after already doing it once, I decided to get rid of it and opted for a 2014 Mazda 6.
I picked up the 6 this past Monday nite. Yesterday morning I tried to connect my 160 gig iPod classic, it was new last April. No luck, all it said for about 45 minutes was "Reading iPod". So I did some forum searches last nite and found this thread. After reading it, I lost a lot of sleep wondering if I got myself into another headache of a car. I am going to really hate this car if the iPod connection doesn't work, I hate terrestrial radio!
I also have an older 16 gig iPod Nano. I decided to give that a try, just to see if that one would work, process of elimination. So, I oaded it up with about 2500 songs, used a few playlists and so on, and connected it this morning. It loaded up quickly when I connected it to the car and worked exactly as I would have expected it to. I could press the iPod menue button on the touch screen and choose any of the playlists, choose by genre and artist as well. I have not tried voice commands yet, I will after I leave the office tonight. I was just happy it worked the way it did.
Apparently, it seems the car doesn't like the 160 gig Classic, possibly due to the size of its drive, I guess. But now that I know it does actually work with an iPod, I plan to continue trying to get it to work with the Classic, I don't see why it shouldn't.
The Focus had Sync and it didn't have an issue at all with either iPod, not with voice commands. There is no reason Mazda's system should have issues either. I do plan to go complain to my sales person at the dealership though.

G

·
2014 Mazda iPod Integration Sucks!

Wow, either I'm doing something terribly wrong or you guys are all way more patient than I am. (I've got a 2014 Mazda 6 base model, so maybe what follows doesn't apply to the stereos in the higher-end cars.) First, as the initiator of the string mentions, the iPod integration software reloads/rereads all the iPod information EVERY TIME YOU START THE CAR. As mentioned, depending on the volume of music on your iPod, this can take a while (I've got about 1,800 songs on mine.) Second, since it reloads every time, it starts over playing music from the first song EVERY TIME. I love everything else about the car but, sorry, whoever is responsible for this iPod management software should be taken out and shot. WHY does it reload every time? WHY can't it start from wherever the iPod is when you plug it in? I had an aftermarket stereo in my prior car, and it had none of these problems, i.e. you got in the car, started the car, and it picked up playing music right where you had left off. To me, Mazda blew this badly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My friend that works at Mazda is tech savy and said that it's not Mazda its Apple. He said it's not just Mazda having this ipod issue but a lot of the new cars. Apple wants the car industry to pay them for ipod function.

Not sure this is true. My iPhone 4 hasn't been hooked up to network and it just quit. Who knows. Taking my car in for an oil change Wednesday and I'm going to do more digging.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My friend that works at Mazda is tech savy and said that it's not Mazda its Apple. He said it's not just Mazda having this ipod issue but a lot of the new cars. Apple wants the car industry to pay them for ipod function.

Not sure this is true. My iPhone 4 hasn't been hooked up to network and it just quit. Who knows. Taking my car in for an oil change Wednesday and I'm going to do more digging.
It's not just iPods that have issues. USB flash drives containing music have issues where the first song will be played each time the car is started. The car doesn't remember its last play memory. Also, it takes forever to load when the car starts. The shuffle feature also plays songs in the same shuffled order. Finally, there's no folder browsing making it very difficult to find the correct songs sometimes.

Does anyone hear popping noises from their speakers sometimes?? :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
^in addition, the system works just fine with an MP3 CD. So there is no reason it can't work as well through USB.

Every time I see a new post in this thread my heart skips, hoping it's someone posting that Mazda has offered a solution! Sadly, not yet though. Really is a black eye on them when it's the ONLY thing wrong with the car!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

G

·
The reason that usb works with issue, is that its conected to bloototh box then by can to the hed unit. There is a picture In Mazda 6 service manual .

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought my Mazda6 about four weeks ago. The iPod connection stopped working within two weeks. The system worked fine when I first started the car but after turning the vehicle off and starting it again later in the day the system wouldn't get past the "iPod Reading" screen; it never worked again. The service technician at the dealership told me that it was because my iPod was the newest 5th generation and that it wasn't compatible with the car's system; however the system worked fine for the first two weeks. However, the technician also told me that Mazda was working on an update and would notify all owners once it was ready.
Shortly afterwards my iPod died so Apple replaced it under warranty. The new iPod worked in the car for another week before I started getting the "iPod Error" message; that was about a week ago and it hasn't worked since.

I emailed Mazda a few days ago and got this response:

Thank you for taking the time to contact Mazda about the USB port media playback on your 2014 Mazda6. With regard to iPod connectivity concerns we are currently working with Apple to rectify any connectivity concern. I would also recommend taking your vehicle to your nearest Mazda dealer to ensure normal vehicle operation with regard to the USB connection.

Thank you again for providing this valuable insight regarding your 2014 Mazda6.

I replied to their email reiterating that both iPods worked fine outside of the vehicle as well as in several rental cars (including a subcompact Chevy Sonic) and my friend's Ford Fusion. I also asked them when we could expect an update.

I got this response:

Thank you for your reply.

I will certainly document your additional information for our records. With regard to an update, at this time we do not have a specific time frame. With that said, I would encourage remaining in contact with your Mazda dealer for any updates. Additionally, you may also contact the customer experience center for information once any further information is available.

Again, thank you for contacting Mazda.

121 - 140 of 325 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.