Mazda 6 Forums banner
101 - 120 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've given up on contacting Mazda. I've not had a pleasant experience with them. As a matter of fact when I asked my rep the question that if they resolved these issues in the next model they come out with and not fix the issue in current models, what then.

Mazda CS: Then you'll have to go through the standard process of buying/exchanging for a new car.

Me: so I have to incur of a loss of a few thousand dollars to upgrade to a car whose audio system actually works?

Mazda CS: Yes

I've given up on the USB functionality myself....

·
Registered
617 Posts
I've given up on contacting Mazda. I've not had a pleasant experience with them. As a matter of fact when I asked my rep the question that if they resolved these issues in the next model they come out with and not fix the issue in current models, what then.

Mazda CS: Then you'll have to go through the standard process of buying/exchanging for a new car.

Me: so I have to incur of a loss of a few thousand dollars to upgrade to a car whose audio system actually works?

Mazda CS: Yes

I've given up on the USB functionality myself....
Wow..That's a lot of nerve on their part. You choose Mazda over the other brands and spent 25 grand to get a response like that is shameful. They are in no position to have a take it or leave it attitude. I don't expect them to kiss butt but that's not an appropriate response.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm gonna call them in the morning again this is so irritating. Especially since my wife's 4 year old Prius just works with no issues. I've also posted on their Facebook wall warning any new buys about this flaw. I suggest we all do the same so at least new buyers for the rest of the year will know about the issue before they buy.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just spoke with them this morning. Still no updates. I'm demanding a free remote start from them to compensate for all the flaws of the infotainment system (which they have no indication of fixing) and I'm stuck with this car for the next 5 years.

I doubt they'll even entertain that request, but my customer service rep said he'll call back.

Even my Honda Civic had a 5x better performing USB playback software as well.
1) No more than a 15 second delay to start playing music (32GB USB drive)
2) started off where it left off
3) Folder navigation
4) and the menu doesn't go back to the top of the list every time u browse the list
5) and better speaker placement

·
Registered
201 Posts
I was reading a first drive review on Autoblog about the 2014 Mazda3. Look what has caught my attention, but they didn't really admit it for the Mazda6:

According to Mazda, after benchmarking the infotainment systems in many of its rival automakers, they didn't find a single one that they thought was very good. Some of them, in fact, were described as "terrifying" by Mazda's engineers. And so Mazda set about inventing its own infotainment system, with the most important guideline being that no technology should distract the driver visually, cognitively or by requiring difficult manual operation.
Source: 2014 Mazda3 Sedan [w/video] First Drive - Autoblog

In my mind if I translate this correctly: Oh s***, we screwed up for the Mazda6 and we need to make some changes.

I wonder if they even looked at other manufactures when they were doing the infotainment system for the Mazda6. They sure did drop the balls and they really need to fix this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You know that phenomenon where you're looking for resolution to a problem/information on a topic on forums, and somebody posts that they know of a fix... and then there's no posts after that, leaving you with blueballs?

It just happened to me in this thread.

What has happened since May on the issue of updating the audio system software?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had no problems with my old iPhone 4 16gb with about 750 songs on it. Then all of a sudden when clicking on ipod tab nothing happens. Unplug usb/iPhone and all it will do is "ipod reading." I drove 50 minutes with it reading and nothing.

101 - 120 of 325 Posts