Mazda 6 Forums banner
61 - 80 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Have you received any responses ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Yes pretty much that they are aware of the issue and there currently is no ETA.

Here is the response from today:

"

I apologize for any inconvenience and understand your frustration. I can assure you that Mazda is aware of this issue but there is no exact ETA for any updates. Sorry about that.

James
Customer Assistance Representative
Mazda North American Operations
1-800-222-5500 ext 1161

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm having the same basic issues.
-reading the library takes forever
-doesn't remember it's place when reconnected
-always starts with the alphabetical first song on the entire device
-when controlling from the iPhone5, I select a song on a playlist on the iPhone and the navi plays a different song than the one I chose

I emailed them a list of these issues last night. Hopefully if enough people complain it will light a fire under their seats to get this corrected.

VAHomebrew81

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
18 Posts
I noticed another thing when driving today, the audio system doesn't forward phone sounds through it.
Example: I don't have Navigation in my 6, so I use my phone. However the turn by turn directions don't play via the car speakers through the iPhone.

Anyone know a fix? It's not in the manual.

VAHomebrewer81

·
Registered
96 Posts
I noticed another thing when driving today, the audio system doesn't forward phone sounds through it.
Example: I don't have Navigation in my 6, so I use my phone. However the turn by turn directions don't play via the car speakers through the iPhone.

Anyone know a fix? It's not in the manual.

VAHomebrewer81

Do you have BT on and paired up?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got the same sort of response to my complaint:

We appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to address your concern with the USB functionality of your vehicle. We are aware of this concern and are working on an update at this time. Unfortunately we don’t have an estimate on when the update will be available. Please inquire with your Mazda service department during your next scheduled maintenance to see if the update is available.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I should have done this a long time ago, but i finally managed to get my iPod hooked up to my Mazda 3 SP3 factory stereo and it is fantastic. Great sound, great integration with steering wheel controls etc, the iPod is charged while driving and icing on the cake is the fact that the song names come up on the dash!!

After countless hours scouring the internet, i came across a company call Integrated Solutions on eBay and many other forums. They sell a unit called “Axxess” with various cables etc to integrate. Thanks to recommendations and Flickr photo tutorial from JBHenry I decided to give this unit a go.
Well after ordering on eBay and delivery with a few days, it took me less than an hour to install everything, from opening the boxes to sitting in the car listening to music. I took my own set of photos which you can also see here.
All up i’m very happy and will be able to listen to a whole lot more tunes without messing with CDs, and more Podcasts without having to mess with stupid noisy FM transmitters.

2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS

·
Registered
7 Posts
ok I just sent my two cents to mazda --- email is below..............>>>

First ... let me say this is my second Mazda and i love the car...except for one glaring flaw. The audio playback. Most of us value our music and other audio based media when we drive. Having the system refresh itself and start over from the same place every time you start the engine is ridiculous as well as the fact you cannot access playlists or browse/recognize folders on a usb device. I have read many other owners post the same issues and you can throw my name into the hat as well. I had a 2005 Mazda 6 with $90 aftermarket usb piece that could remember exactly where it left off as do most other vehicles on the market. Please get an update for this glaring oversight an not give your customers and answer like "normal operating condition of the audio system" because that is insulting to think in a car this advanced someone forgot to test the audio system thoroughly.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just for what it is worth, I made a comment on Mazda's (USA I assume) Facebook post today about how the Mazda6 2014 won an award, and a few people in the comments started agreeing with me.

You can view the thread here I think:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...685362&type=1&theater&notif_t=comment_mention

Anyways, I mentioned the problems with the Ipod and USB and Mazda tagged me and replied to my comment!

Their reply was "Thanks for the feedback, Adam! Always helps. We'll FWD this on at once."

They also liked my comment where I was giving my complaint lol.

So we'll see if that will do anything ,but it could be the same ol thing...and nothing will happen.

We'll see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just for what it is worth, I made a comment on Mazda's (USA I assume) Facebook post today about how the Mazda6 2014 won an award, and a few people in the comments started agreeing with me.

You can view the thread here I think:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...685362&type=1&theater&notif_t=comment_mention

Anyways, I mentioned the problems with the Ipod and USB and Mazda tagged me and replied to my comment!

Their reply was "Thanks for the feedback, Adam! Always helps. We'll FWD this on at once."

They also liked my comment where I was giving my complaint lol.

So we'll see if that will do anything ,but it could be the same ol thing...and nothing will happen.

We'll see.
I just replied to your facebook post confirming the same issue. Hopefully the public nature of our support requests will influence them to take this matter seriously if they weren't doing so already. Thanks for taking the initiative!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Little update. I upgraded my iPhone 5 to IOS 7 beta version 3 and now one of two things happen when I try the iPod connection:
1) iPod error. This is the most common.
2) it begins playing music, but when I tell it to play a certain album, artist, or playlist, it plays the first few songs alright but then chooses a random song from the library to play after that. This random song usually begins with the same letter as the next song on the playlist, album, or artist track list.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dear Mazda Corporate

While I find my 2014 Mazda6 gets me from point A to point B I didn't buy it just to get around. It appears that my dealership and quite possibly Mazda USA finds resolving the issues with the IPOD integration a somewhat daunting task. So I'm left with a less than satisfying feeling and guess I'll just visit the local Hyundai dealer for a trade in on a Sonata with a working IPOD integration music system. Hope that you find a solution before more customers post their experiences on facebook.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Dear Mazda Corporate

While I find my 2014 Mazda6 gets me from point A to point B I didn't buy it just to get around. It appears that my dealership and quite possibly Mazda USA finds resolving the issues with the IPOD integration a somewhat daunting task. So I'm left with a less than satisfying feeling and guess I'll just visit the local Hyundai dealer for a trade in on a Sonata with a working IPOD integration music system. Hope that you find a solution before more customers post their experiences on facebook.
I'm assume you sent Mazda an email and came to tell us this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought my car on 6/20/2013. Yes I'm having the same problems. However, Some days its quick, some days it takes long...not a deal break for me tho. But I do feel it should work better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here's the solution to shuffle your music via bluetooth. I have the iphone5 and when your phone connects, it will simply play songs in ABC123 order. Where most people begin banging their heads against the steering wheel or complain about is #1 on the vehicle display, the shuffle does not work. #2 via your iphone5, you can tap on "shuffle" on the music now playing but it selects and then de-selects which is basically saying that it can't perform this task.

What to do?

The solution is to hit the bluetooth voice activation toggle on the steering wheel and say "shuffle". You will find that your music begins to shuffle and that the shuffle icon via the iphone5 is then highlighted. I just found this out the other day and have not taken more time as to why the shuffle icon via the vehicle display couldn't work as well?...Also note: When you leave or comeback to your car, I have found that you have to perform the same sequence....I'm still experimenting so please let me know if this helps all of you. Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's not the ipods problem, it's the 2014 Mazda 6. The idiots who designed the audio system had a brain fart and set it up so that any device connected through the usb drive has to be read so that eervy song is placed into memory which allows voice recogniton and commander knob scrolling. Where they blew it is that every time you turn off the engine (master power) it erases all that memory and you have to start all over again when you restart the car. I have a usb flash drive with over 4000 songs on it and every time I srart the car it has to read the flash drive and then it ALWAYS STARTS ON THE FIRST SONG ON THE DEVICE. I have complained to Mazda and the answer I received was "it's working as designed and there is no fix planned".

61 - 80 of 325 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.