Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just bought my Mazda 6 GT 2014...same issue. I have a 32GB USB drive (I don't own an iPod) and I don't want to use bluetooth to stream music.

I turn off my car, and the car forgets the last song it was playing or what songs I have on my USB drive. It goes into reading mode again and then starts from song 1!!!

I have 3000 songs and to go back to the song that was playing, not to mention to have to hear it from the beginning is unacceptable. My honda Civic never did this. It was flawless in MP3 playback...

Also The Civic used folder navigation, which was preferred over the ID3 Tag browsing in Mazda

·
Registered
62 Posts
Does anyone know how to view mp3s as file names and not ID3 tags? and how to navigate using folder navigation instead of ID3 tags? I know it keeps referring to CDs and navigating via folders but I would rather do that for my USB

Thing is that I have some specific folders with a lot of singles..
80's Music
90's Music
Movie Soundtracks
Video Game soundtracks

and ID3 tags just ruin the whole thing....thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Here's a number to corporate Mazda USA (800) 222 - 5500

I spoke with my cust service rep and he said there were no plans of any software update and if in the future they do releases new cars with the updated software, then I have to go through the process of buying a new car if I want those updated software features. So I said to him "In order for me to get rid of the hidden flaw they have in MP3 playback, I have to take a loss of a few thousand dollars in depreciation to switch out my car?" And he said. "basically yes."

Much lesser cars don't have this issue. My Civic had better Mp3 play back than this garbage software that comes in Mazda 6.

Another issue in Mp3 playback
When you're looking at the song list
1) Long song names SHOULD scroll so you can see the entire song name
2) The song list should update (scroll down) as you move onto the next song but it remains static so even if 10 songs have played, the song list will show you the song you first selected even though the current song playing could be on the next screen down

Whoever developed the sofware, has an IQ of 10. Did they not see how their competitors are running their audio playback software?

Also, name recognition is awful on the M6. I tried dialing a number using voice command,so far 0% success.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If they don't intend on updating/fixing the issue for our cars. Then the only redeeming thing that they can offer which may alleviate the annoyance we deal with on a daily basis is to throw in a free remote start.

I have to put up with the Mp3 playback issue every day. I don't even like running errands any more to be honest. I enjoy the drive of the car but to have your music reset every 10 minutes or so, not to mention the time it takes to start playing is just becoming a major pain.

If that is something I have to deal with every time I sit in the car, then the only thing that makes sense is a free remote start since that counters the daily negative with a daily positive.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Another reason why to hold off on first year models, I guess? Not all the kinks get worked out?

How long before a third party sells an accessory that fixes this problem?

Bye.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
That's no excuse for something which is not so broken in much lesser cars. The very basics of MP3 playback have been around for years...this is not new technology. Also Mazda simply can not shun first gen owners as guinea pigs. $30,000 is not a small F#%!ng investment....

·
Registered
62 Posts
well aux defeats the whole purpose. You can't control the track listing via your steering wheel or the commander knob (between the gear and the arm rest). Also your sound quality will suffer if you use a cheap cable (trust me on this one I've heard it with my own ears)

That method will also eat up my phone batteries. Having the phone plugged into the charger + aux cable are one too many cables running around the car. I'd rather keep it clutter free...

Let's see what Mazda has to say otherwise I say we start a petition for a free Mazda Remote Start.

One daily annoyance negated by one daily convenience. It's the only fair trade IMO. I wouldn't accept anything less.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Man now I have a new issue. Bluetooth Audio streaming drops...I have to go through the process of reconnecting my phone to get it started again. I used to be able to stream YouTube audio via bluetooth, but that's no longer the case...i'm getting quite fed up of all these issues to be honest...
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

·
Registered
62 Posts
3. With Auxiliary input: EDIT: I bought an Auxiliary cable today to test with. I noticed right away that the sound quality with AUX is much, much worse than USB or Bluetooth. It is very noticeable how much worse it sounds. Of course, it also doesn't display track information. Even if shuffle works with this, the sound quality degradation with AUX makes it really hard to accept.
So i guess it's not the cable then because the sound quality is distinctively worse when music is played through AUX. And that too CD ripped 320kbps tracks played through my iRiver iHP-140 (known for having one of the best DACs).

Man....either they allow us a free exchange next year if they don't fix these issues in this car
or give us the new head-unit with fixed issues.

Either way, I can't drive a car like this for the next 5 years. If Mazda does nothing about it, the moment my car comes out of negative equity, I'm exchanging it.

I'm not spending 1825 days of dealing with this issue on a daily basis.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I love the generic response they've tailored for USB playback:

"it is performing just as it was designed to do". Translation: You may think it might be an issue, but it is performing as intended. So on our end, there is no issue.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don't want to install a 3rd party dash in my car. Why are we made to pay extra and research fixes for a problem that needs to be resolved by Mazda.

They need to accept the fact they royally Fuc*ed up and they need to give us a fix. I've had this car for 5 months and nothing from them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It is a cop out response and what makes you think they're working on a solution? This car has been out for 6 months now and no sign of any updates or a decent response from Mazda.

Mazda has a month (I'll give them until mid August) to give us an update on this issue or I will go all out with a news/media/blogger/reviewer (I will spare no venue) onslaught of ALL the issues plaguing the Mazda 6.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Greetings from germany. I buy a Mazda6 in May 2013 in Chemnitz/Saxonia. I´m active in an german forum for Mazda6 Startseite - Mazda6-Forum...das Original seit 27.10.2002 . many owners of a new mazda complain the funktionality of the usb port. also our system begins every time with the first song and so on. many user wrote and phone to mazda europe. but only a standard answer and say they can nothing do. I wrote to some newspaper and automobile clubs in germany. but nothing helps. what can we do now together?
Welcome to Mazda 6 Club forums.

Do you have the direct link for that post on the German forum?

And to answe your question, we can start an online petition?

I spoke with my customer service rep from Mazda yesterday again (my 3rd call) and nothing....no promise of an update, same answer. Working as designed. We spoke for a solid 20 minutes but they're not doing anything to make up to the consumer or any sort of recourse.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've given up on contacting Mazda. I've not had a pleasant experience with them. As a matter of fact when I asked my rep the question that if they resolved these issues in the next model they come out with and not fix the issue in current models, what then.

Mazda CS: Then you'll have to go through the standard process of buying/exchanging for a new car.

Me: so I have to incur of a loss of a few thousand dollars to upgrade to a car whose audio system actually works?

Mazda CS: Yes

I've given up on the USB functionality myself....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just spoke with them this morning. Still no updates. I'm demanding a free remote start from them to compensate for all the flaws of the infotainment system (which they have no indication of fixing) and I'm stuck with this car for the next 5 years.

I doubt they'll even entertain that request, but my customer service rep said he'll call back.

Even my Honda Civic had a 5x better performing USB playback software as well.
1) No more than a 15 second delay to start playing music (32GB USB drive)
2) started off where it left off
3) Folder navigation
4) and the menu doesn't go back to the top of the list every time u browse the list
5) and better speaker placement

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ok thanks. That's been there response for the last 6 months. I don't believe them any more.

My dealership says the same thing (at first they didn't even acknowledge it as an issue and try to come up with an explanation about why it does that). Needless to say they came off sounding retarded. And I assure you they'll be saying the same thing 4 years from now. By the time I pay off my car.

I haven't used my USB drive in 6 months. Just sticking to Bluetooth (which also exhibits issues, after a few tracks it gets stuck with the song info of one track and doesn't update even when you switch songs).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.