Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Let's just say I am more impressed with the little change compartment next to the steering wheel than I am with the whole infotainment system in my 6. It's absolute crap. The sound quality is horrid and this iPod integration simply does not work. I hooked up my iPod for the first time today and the screen is stuck on Reading Ipod. Waited for 30 min and nothing. I am thankful that I don't have the Nav or I probably would flip out. Love my 6 but the infotainment is way below the rest of the car's quality.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I've given up on contacting Mazda. I've not had a pleasant experience with them. As a matter of fact when I asked my rep the question that if they resolved these issues in the next model they come out with and not fix the issue in current models, what then.

Mazda CS: Then you'll have to go through the standard process of buying/exchanging for a new car.

Me: so I have to incur of a loss of a few thousand dollars to upgrade to a car whose audio system actually works?

Mazda CS: Yes

I've given up on the USB functionality myself....
Wow..That's a lot of nerve on their part. You choose Mazda over the other brands and spent 25 grand to get a response like that is shameful. They are in no position to have a take it or leave it attitude. I don't expect them to kiss butt but that's not an appropriate response.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
617 Posts
Update from my most recent correspondence with Mazda USA,

Regarding the long iPod integration time, Mazda is aware of the condition and is actively working for a solution to decrease the time it takes for the iPod to pair with the vehicle. At its release, the improvement will be available through a Mazda dealership. At this time, there is no announcement as to when that improvement will be released.

Just in case some were wondering regarding a fix from Mazda.
Thanks for keeping us updated. Since the 15s are going to have the same system, I definitely can see an update coming very soon. There has been so much criticism of the system that it would be stupid for Mazda not to perfect it.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Up until recently my iPod was only loading slowly. Now it is showing the iPod error message, and will not load. However, my wifes iPod works in my car. That being said, my iPod works in her CX-5 Grand Touring non tech package, as well as her iPod works in her own car.

I'm convinced it has something to do with the combination of audio and nav in the same system, as hers does not have nav. I've only had the car 2 weeks, and I'm using the USB cable, not the Bluetooth. For me, this is worth getting a lawyer and getting rid of the car.

Corporate Mazda has said, in no certain words, that there "is an issue, but no solution". Also, this is my first brand new car, and this is a tough pill to swallow considering my old, supercharged and dyno-tuned, daily driver is still sitting in the garage as it is not sold yet.
I do not have Nav and my iPod never worked. Let's see in the next couple of months whether there is a supposed update for our units. I know it's frustrating. What bugs me is Mazda waiting for the 15s to come out to release the update. An entire year...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Got a letter in from Mazda asking me to take it in for a "Special Service Campaign" - Software update to Control Module.

Could it be???????????
Control module could mean the Electronic control module for the transmission/engine or it could be the unit. Who knowssssss...?? Please keep us informed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.