Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Recently purchased a silver Touring and I noticed the problems with the USB, but presumed I just needed to read the owner's manual to correct these issues. Surprised to say the least to find out it was the system and not me that was the problem. Fortunately, I only have a few hundred songs so scrolling is not intolerable and it only takes about 30 seconds to read my ipod.

My major gripe is the satellite radio issue. While it's not an option on the Touring, I've been told that the touch screen radio is satellite ready. Problem is neither Sirius nor Mazda can be bothered to give me a straight answer on this issue. A tuner is available for any radio that is "sirius-xm satellite ready" not to be confused with sirius sat. ready or xm sat. ready. This system fully integrates and plays through the touch screen.

Of Course, asking this question of Mazda gets a reply that the
touring does not come with Sat radio. Let me assure you I was very specific in my question but the drones couldn't be bothered to answer it. As for Sirius, their reply? If you have a question about an installation contact an installer. Thanks for nothing.

Compatible radios are supposed to be marked as Sirius-XM ready so I guess I'll have to go to an install shop and have them pull the radio and see. Also think that this system permits either sirius or xm service (hence the name).

I deal with corporate America on an almost daily basis and it never ceases to amaze me how absolutely clueless they seem to be when it comes to customer service.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Am unclear from the comments about mixed results with the TSB for BTM replacement. After almost 3 years, I've learned to tolerate the system with the main flaw being replay of No.1 song of music library on restart. Load speed can be a bit slow but for me not unbearable (1 min. or less). So I want to call the dealer about ordering a new BTM per the TSB of March, 2015, but I'm concerned that something worse might result from the new unit. Is this a real concern or should I simply go ahead and do this. Also, hard to believe the dealers would give people a hard time about a replacement that's per a TSB. I don't use texting and almost exclusively listen to my ipod since i hate commercial radio and satellite wasn't available on the 14 Touring.

Basically I'm just hoping for an end to this 1st. song repeat on every restart. Otherwise, the system I have now is tolerable for me. Should I go ahead with requesting BTM replacement per the TSB?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.