Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personally hate drive by wire and specifically didn't want to buy a new car because of it... or newer for that matter.

I saw that blitz has something on the market that increases throttle response speed but its 400 dollars. Is there a way to do the same thing without sacrificing my first born child (or spending rediculous amounts of money on something that seems very simple, take your pick)?

I searched around a little bit on the forum but searching on my phone is kindof a pain in the ass; work has the interwebs locked down. :(

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
there is another product that does the same thing, which i believe was 199 or 299 that many have enjoyed, though i don't recall any input from 2.3 owners.

the thing to keep in mind that you "can" get the same results by just slamming your foot down further, as all they do is amplify what you are doing by a %. they don't speed up how fast electronic signals moving by placing an extra box in the system....just feels that way since you don't have to push as hard.

not sure if any of them open the butterfly more than stock, but that would be the only thing that would make an impact, and that's only at WOT.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, what I'm more interested in is the delay between putting your foot down or lifting, and when either action actually starts to take effect. My civic was not drive by wire, so power( or at least the throttle body opening / closing) was instantaneous. Its not like that in the 6 as well as my girls scion xd (also drive by wire). I was just wondering if there was a way to decrease the response time between throttle pedal and the servo that opens the throttle body.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
best thing for that, though it never gets great, is grounding the tb. it can make a small difference, and many people have done it.

but let me say again, ADDING an electronic device won't make the existing wiring carry electronic signals any faster.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright. thanks for the info. i guess i assumed it was something that was programmed into the ecu for driveabilitys sake or something.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
it's for emissions

1 - 8 of 8 Posts