Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on getting some new PIAA H3 intergrated bulbs. Which bulbs do you think would match better with Apexcone 6000K. I will be having this setup: Blacked out headlights, Apexcone 6000K, Xtec DDE Raptor Halos, WLED 6-LED bulb in the parking light. I am looking at these two bulbs for the intergrated fog. PIAA Super Plasma GT-X which has a stated temperature from PIAA website of 5000K. Or I can also get PIAA Plasma Spark Blue bulbs which on this website claim a 7500K temperature. What do you think would match better? Here are the websites. PIAA Bulbs and More PIAA Bulbs

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
spark 8000's match great in the integrated fogs with a 6000k HID. the sparks in the low beams on the projectors look closer to an actual 8000k but not as bad in the fogs or lows. if you want pics refer i have some on this forum so does djquick who bought my H3 8000k's by PIAA.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
PIAA extreme white is 100% white without any blueish color. If you want bluish color, go with spark blue.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
PIAA extreme white is 100% white without any blueish color. If you want bluish color, go with spark blue.
[/b]

yeah,what he said.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Thanks a lot guys, I'm def going with the 6000K HIDs, with Spark Blue 8000K H3 bulbs.
[/b]
That's exactly what I was gonna put in but I decided on the 5000K HID and the Xtec 4000K H3 for more light output but still a nice bright white color with a little blue.

·
Registered
387 Posts
That's exactly what I was gonna put in but I decided on the 5000K HID and the Xtec 4000K H3 for more light output but still a nice bright white color with a little blue.
[/b]
NOO! If its not too late, don't get the Xtec bulbs. I have the 5000k HID's and the Xtec fogs.....they don't even come close to matching. And one of them burnt out on me in under 6 months. Just a heads up.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
NOO! If its not too late, don't get the Xtec bulbs. I have the 5000k HID's and the Xtec fogs.....they don't even come close to matching. And one of them burnt out on me in under 6 months. Just a heads up.
[/b]

Well I already ordered them. I don't really care much if they don't match anyway tho. And I got them from therpmstore.com so I have a lifetime warranty on them. Thanks for the heads up tho man.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
i have 4500K bulbs and they are pure white, almost no blue at all, im almost disapointed cause i wanted a touch to make it look a little nicer. I think you would be much more pleased with 5000k, just my .02 cents

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
With 5000K I'm only going to get a tiny touch of blue, much like of my mother's Acura TL. I want people to know that I have HIDs, and I want something little more blue. Of course this is all IMHO.
[/b]
My dad has an Acura TL too, I think the 5000K HID is going to be much brighter than those are... they are just regular Xenons.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
JDMAttenza is going with these for his 6000K Apex (purple)
This PIAA H3 X-treme White car light bulbs has a color temperature at 4000K which send out the light very similar to the HID purple color.
[/b]
Like I said above ; I was quoting the site's publicity that sells PIAA products if you clicky my first sentence and read about the product there you'll see exactly my second sentence is a direct quote .

I guess we can't trust these flippin' K color charts we find , and just go with what the boys are puttin' on , eh !

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
The Piaa extreme whites look like factory hid which are 4300k.Not purple at all.

Are you looking for the color shift of hids that you see when a vehicle is driving towards you?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
for future reference to anyone with an 06. The h11 from xcelite (autloumination) WILL NOT FIT YOUR CAR (the headlight) its made very differently and the bulb wont even fit in the mount/housing. Along with the h3 from xcelite. I now have 2 sets sitting in my garage hopefully awaiting return to autolumination.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Guys...the only way to get a true HID look is by getting HID. There's no getting around it. You can install spark blue, 6000 K, 5000 K, etc, you can still tell that it's not real HID.

The purpose of bulb replacement is so you can see better.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts