Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I just bought an 03 6i with 54,000 miles on it in september. I am wondering if anyone can help with this. The 6 is making a weird noise like a cricking noise. im thinking that the sway bar is dried up and needs to be greased up or its something up with bushings. I pushed down on that side and it makes that sound....if even does it when im braking and deaccelerating. has anyone ever had this problem? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Hey guys,
I just bought an 03 6i with 54,000 miles on it in september. I am wondering if anyone can help with this. The 6 is making a weird noise like a cricking noise. im thinking that the sway bar is dried up and needs to be greased up or its something up with bushings. I pushed down on that side and it makes that sound....if even does it when im braking and deaccelerating. has anyone ever had this problem? Thanks in advance.[/b]
While its pretty tough to determine problems with cars based on sounds described on the internet.... I'll give it a shot.

When you push down on your car and hear a crickling noise, think about what parts are moving. At 54,000 miles, it might be the stock shocks...... it might be something with your brakes or something else. I dont know how mechanically inclined you are but your best bet would be to have someone push down on the side and try to identify where the noise is coming from, or take it to the dealer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts