Problems yes or no?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to keep this poll VERY simple.

I've not had a single problem in almost 4,000 miles, sometimes it seems like all we have are problem posts here, I'd like to see the real percentage of no issues versus real issues.

Now the poll is a simple yes or no, and for problems I mean something reasonably significant, not some small rattle, or a small paint run or a bad lightbulb or loose sun visor, get it?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
nope, almost 3000 on the clock.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nope, nothing mechanical (only had a trim peice that needed to be refit) and almost 10k miles.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Nope, no problems here other than the reflash, but I'm not counting that. I'm at 8,500 miles.

·
Registered
940 Posts
creeping up on 10000 miles - just noticed some oddness with the feel to my clutch pedal and have noticed what has to be clutch burning smell when I back into my parking space in the morning.

·
Registered
176 Posts
No real problems here. I had to have an evap purge valve replaced, but dealer was so accomodating that I almost felt good about it. I'm a happy camper. Jus' drivin'. :drive:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Almost 6,000 kms on mine and no problems (excluding the reflash, which doesn't count).

I do notice a slight clunk during hard shifts, which I imagine is a motor mount or something, gonna get it checked out soon.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I voted yes because of the power loss issue. I wasted so many hours dealing with the dealership and Mazda to acknowlege the problem that saying I didn't have any issue's would be lying to myself.

Other than that I haven't had any serious issue's. Minor problem with keyless entry and that's about it. I'm actually surprised how well built this car is. I abusive the hell out of it and nothing has broken. I don't even know how my clutch is still intack. It hasn't shown a sign of weakness after 100+ launches.

·
Registered
13 Posts
:cool: after one heavier than normal Central Florida downpour my alarm system went haywire. the control module got wet and shorted out. replaced under warranty. A week later after another thunderstorm. the horn filled up with water and shorted out. It was also replaced under warranty. Since then after several more rainstorms no problems.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I had the evap sensor within 1000 miles. Tire wear faster than normal. Within 3000 miles the front tires almost looked like they were no longer balance. Took it into a shop to check the balance and alignment of the tires. No problems so just rotated them.

·
Registered
185 Posts
2nd and 3rd gear grinding under heavy acceleration. Nothing else

·
Registered
856 Posts
Had my transmission replaced. 2nd gear would pop out unless you were under load.
Took a month to fix, only major issue. Good as new now...
19,000 Miles

·
Registered
288 Posts
Just at 4k miles and so far nothing major other than part of the drivers side door seal popped off 4 of the plastic clips. 5 seconds and it was reattached...no biggie. So, I voted "no". :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I want to keep this poll VERY simple.

I've not had a single problem in almost 4,000 miles, sometimes it seems like all we have are problem posts here, I'd like to see the real percentage of no issues versus real issues.

Now the poll is a simple yes or no, and for problems I mean something reasonably significant, not some small rattle, or a small paint run or a bad lightbulb or loose sun visor, get it?
[/b]
No problemo...5,000 miles. Sweet ride. :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
Problems with: clutch, trans, coolant leak, power loss, advanced keyless entry.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Transmission replaced at 8k miles (needed it at 6k but delt with it over a long trip). Third gear would pop out unless under load. I just noticed that the coolant overflow line is leaking so I have to bring that in to get fixed soon. So far I love the car but am weary of drivetrain issues farther along the line.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts