Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i weld in the 3 inch QTP cutout into the ATP downpipe for an effect similar to that of a turboback... will it even fit...as in is there any room?... i can afford either turbo back or down pipe with cutout which one will yield better results? thanks...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
could you pass inspection with that?[/b]
The downpipe will fail a visual inspection even without the cutout.

·
Registered
204 Posts
can i weld in the 3 inch QTP cutout into the ATP downpipe for an effect similar to that of a turboback... will it even fit...as in is there any room?... i can afford either turbo back or down pipe with cutout which one will yield better results? thanks...[/b]
Yes, there is room. As for better results, that's up to you. A full turbo-back will give you a lot of performance, and a cutout will give you a bit more, as there is less restriction. But if you want that performance, keep in mind that it is blaringly loud. No stealth appeal at all. Even though a small amount of exhaust gas will still go through the mufflers, you won't really be able to hear any sort of muffling. The whole interior vibrates when it is open. Also, opening and closing it caused me to blow a couple of fuses. Also consider that the DP and cutout will be cheaper than a turbo-back by about $400.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yes, there is room. As for better results, that's up to you. A full turbo-back will give you a lot of performance, and a cutout will give you a bit more, as there is less restriction. But if you want that performance, keep in mind that it is blaringly loud. No stealth appeal at all. Even though a small amount of exhaust gas will still go through the mufflers, you won't really be able to hear any sort of muffling. The whole interior vibrates when it is open. Also, opening and closing it caused me to blow a couple of fuses. Also consider that the DP and cutout will be cheaper than a turbo-back by about $400.[/b]

"But if you want that performance, keep in mind that it is blaringly loud. No stealth appeal at all."

Its 100% stealth until you open the dump. So if you had a full turboback its going to be louder all the time, with the cutout its ONLY loud at the track/strip because none of us street race :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
"But if you want that performance, keep in mind that it is blaringly loud. No stealth appeal at all."

Its 100% stealth until you open the dump. So if you had a full turboback its going to be louder all the time, with the cutout its ONLY loud at the track/strip because none of us street race :)[/b]
I'm simply commenting that it's loud when it's open- a full turboback is quieter. Too loud for some race sanctionings. Also, some of us open it up for the gas mileage as well. Yeah, I wasn't thinking too clearly last night. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm simply commenting that it's loud when it's open- a full turboback is quieter. Too loud for some race sanctionings. Also, some of us open it up for the gas mileage as well. Yeah, I wasn't thinking too clearly last night. Sorry about that.[/b]

No problem man I wasn't jumping on you,clarifying your late night post :) No apologies needed I thought of it as a team effort :cheers:

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
can i weld in the 3 inch QTP cutout into the ATP downpipe for an effect similar to that of a turboback... will it even fit...as in is there any room?... i can afford either turbo back or down pipe with cutout which one will yield better results? thanks...[/b]
you can if you can find one - if you do, let me know where!

·
Registered
204 Posts
you can if you can find one - if you do, let me know where![/b]
Cutout available here, and Turboback available here. You can also use the ATP downpipe, and a Magnaflow catback if you want more options.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.