Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Sorry to get hopes up, Not really speaking from experience im sure someone with better knowledge will chime in, but heres a free bump and some advice,.

From general reading in the forms, try a simple search for "water cai"..

Anyway im guessing it depends on how much water was sucked up into the engine that cause the problem...?

I wish you the best of luck.. Hopefully someone else chimes in...maybe learn something myself..

·
Registered
172 Posts
My suggestion would be to take a look at the oil in the dipstick. Maybe even remove the oil cap off and see if there is any white milky residue in the oil. If there is, then water got into the engine and you may be hosed. If the looks clean, then maybe pull the air intake off at the throttle body and see if there is water in there. Make sure the MAF sensor is dry also. That's the only thing I can suggest. Depending on how bad the situation is, maybe even pull the spark plugs and take a look at them to see if water is in there.

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
I checked the oil stick and I dont see any difference on the way the oil looks and I also took the oil cap off and I couldnt find anything, not even oil lol. That's all I could check before it started rainning again @ my house. i'll keep you guys updated.
[/b]

man... i hate to tell u this, but uh... same thing happened to me 4 months ago. my engine was shot, had to pay the 500 dollar deductible from insurance. all the rods were bent pistons were jacked. i mean i got off lucky... the engine and all the work was close to 6000 dollars. let me know what happens

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
I just took off the cai and put the old airbox back in and tried to start it, and the car tried, it did start for like 2 second and then died again, and now it wont even make any sound just a click, i'm guessing either i'm out of battery or my started got fucked up too.

btw, did u have a cai?? if you dont mind, what exactly did you do, i mean the process, callin' the insurance company, dealer, etc.

thanks
[/b]

yes, i had a VAI. i went thru a freakin lake one nite... car died in the puddle, started it back up, which i shouldnt of done, got it home, went thru another lake, and it died in the parking lot. next day, tried to start it and nothin. i put back on my stock intake, and luckily passed it off that way. i just called my insurance company and told them what happend minus the CAI intake part, and they covered it. good luck.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Hey oscar what you might want to try too...if u don't want to take it to the dealership is flush out your oil....drain your oilpan and see what color and consitancy the oil is....and if it has any white color to it or if it is real watery then u have water in your engine...what u should do is keep your car up with the plug off of the oil pan and keep pouring oil through the engine till u stop seeing the white and watery oil....then put the drain plug back in....goto discount auto parts and buy this engine cleaner called SeaFoam and follow the directions on the can then change your oil and spark plugs after you SeaFoam your car...gimme a call if you have any questions while u're doing it...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Man I feel for you. I live in Ft. Lauderdale, FL and I worry about puddles all the time. Unfortunatly they do not sell and air bypass valve for our CAI, right? I might consider putting on my stock airbox again, but that stupid lower box is a pain to put on. Best of luck with that.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Man I feel for you. I live in Ft. Lauderdale, FL and I worry about puddles all the time. Unfortunatly they do not sell and air bypass valve for our CAI, right? I might consider putting on my stock airbox again, but that stupid lower box is a pain to put on. Best of luck with that.
[/b]
AEM bypass valves are not designed for turbo applications.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
How are they the crooks? He modified his car from a stock configuration that would have prevented this from happening. I think that he'd be the crook getting the insurance company to pay for his mod that caused the damage. Maybe not the popular view, but get real.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I was just about to buy the CP-E CAI too until I read this post. I am a little hesitant in buying one now, I don't want to go thru what Gr8dude5 is going thru.

AEM bypass valves are not designed for turbo applications.
[/b]
I'm not 100% sure what bypass valves do, but I assume they stop water from getting into the engine... is there one for the CP-E??

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
How are they the crooks? He modified his car from a stock configuration that would have prevented this from happening. I think that he'd be the crook getting the insurance company to pay for his mod that caused the damage. Maybe not the popular view, but get real.
[/b]

oh ya... becuase insurance companies dont make a killing off of us year round!!!! im sure the insurance company can afford it.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Well I was going to get the MAFci, but not now. I don't want to take a risk in having any problems.

As far as insurance covering the problem, have they said they already would? I don't see why not, since you did drive through the puddle and it was flooded and everything.

And it's fraud like you're about to commit (in changing the mod that caused the problem on the car) that makes insurance cost so much.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts