Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 Mazda 6, and the bumper is all sorts of fucked up. So I was thinking of going to the junk yard and picking one up and painting it, then installing it. However they only have an 06 available. I do understand that these are slightly different. I don’t care about mods or anything like that. I just wanna know if the 06 bumper will fit on the 04.

·
Super Moderator
16,977 Posts
I'm 50/50 on this - I KNOW there were changes between the bumpers but I forget the exact cutoff date for them. Perhaps @GerryB remembers.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
The 06 bumper will fit an 04 but you also need the 06 grille and the fender liners (wheel well) from the 06, as the grille from an 04 won’t fit flush with an 06, and the liners have different mounting hole locations for the 06 bumper, however you can easily make your own holes in the 04 fender liner to attach the new bumper.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If it’s the rear bumper I had one from an 04 on my 06 for a little bit and it fit fine, prefer the look of the facelift rear though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You may also the foam piece in the front bumper that’s for impacts or what not, although I’m not sure if this piece fits any differently, you could take your front bumper off and compare with the other one.

·
Rally Racer
2,293 Posts
I have an 04 Mazda 6, and the bumper is all sorts of fucked up. So I was thinking of going to the junk yard and picking one up and painting it, then installing it. However they only have an 06 available. I do understand that these are slightly different. I don’t care about mods or anything like that. I just wanna know if the 06 bumper will fit on the 04.
They will fit.
This is a direct swap from a non-sport (03-05) to a facelift (06-08) front bumper. Even the fender liners will fit.
Go for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts