Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mazda 6 Link

They want $15,990 for it. 21,000 mi. 2004 auto. Willing to give me $4500-5000 for my trade: '99 ford mustang, 84k miles.

Only thing I don't like about it is the sticker on the windshield which I would take off. It's a 4 cyl, need something that'll go good in the winter months & good on gas.

You think I should get the price lower? Most dealers want $16,500+ for a 4 cyl.

What do you think?

·
Registered
978 Posts
my first opinion would be too high...2004 4cyl cloth auto sport pack. without research, i'd think at least a thou lower.

rebates on new are 3k...maybe check those out also? at least so you can compare better w/ a used.

·
Registered
498 Posts
You should be able to get a 2004 cyl for well under 15k. The new 2005's were leaving the lots at 17k.

Where are you located...I might have a car to sell you.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
price is a little high, otherwise, looks like a good car.
[/b]
I'm from Central PA. Most dealers only wanted to give me $3k-3500 for the mustang. KBB shows 4250, Nada shows $5750. Can't figure that one out.

So your thinking $15k for the mazda & 5k for the mustang?

The mustang is an auto. 6 cyl, 84k miles. pics are at: http://home.ptd.net/~jmargel/mustang99.htm

It has leather int. (mustang)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I'm from Central PA. Most dealers only wanted to give me $3k-3500 for the mustang. KBB shows 4250, Nada shows $5750. Can't figure that one out.

The mustang is an auto. 6 cyl, 84k miles. pics are at: http://home.ptd.net/~jmargel/mustang99.htm

[/b]
Haggle the price of the 6 first. Agree on a purchase price, then haggle on the trade-in price for the Mustang. Keep these numbers seperate. Dealers have a way of fudging numbers to make you think you are getting a good deal. Good Luck, let us know what you work out.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
As everyone else has said, that's too high for that car and their f'ing you on the trade in (no surprise on that though) Like AZ said, keep the pricing for the trade and sale different, that way they don't confuse you.

Also, tell them that at that price, you would probably just buy new. They need to get this car off the lot, so make them work for it. Also, check out dealers in the surrouding areas. don't be afraid to drive a couple of hours to get a better deal and make sure this dealer knows that.

·
Registered
319 Posts
exactly what everyone else said. I walked out with a brand new 05 4cyl (but it was a non sport 5-speed) for $16,100 (could have bought a used cheaper, but I have used the warranty 4 times now ;) ) 5k range sounds about right to me for a trade in 6cyl mustang..just my .02

·
Registered
121 Posts
Never trade in a car at a dealer. They are really screwing you on the price of that stang. Take the time and sell it yourself. I am sure there are plenty of women in their midlife crisis looking for a V6 mustang :D

WHen I bought my msp the dealer said they would give me 1500 for my civic. I paid that much for the wheels/tires! I said no thank you and sold it myslef 2 weeks later for 5k!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mazda 6 Link

They want $15,990 for it. 21,000 mi. 2004 auto. Willing to give me $4500-5000 for my trade: '99 ford mustang, 84k miles.

Only thing I don't like about it is the sticker on the windshield which I would take off. It's a 4 cyl, need something that'll go good in the winter months & good on gas.

You think I should get the price lower? Most dealers want $16,500+ for a 4 cyl.

What do you think?
[/b]

i got my '04 with 28k miles for $13,999 with factory warranty until 55k miles

·
Registered
35 Posts

[/b]

where are you at in PA ? I'm from central PA too. I know where is 3 for sell right now. For less.

My friend just go a 2004 6s. It has leather and everything you can ask for in the car. It has 28,000 miles on it and let me tell you this car never saw rain or snow. He got it at a dealer in PA and paid 16,500. for it.

Now thats the v6 with leather, Bose and everything.

I have seen the 6is in PA for a lot less with the same miles on them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
where are you at in PA ? I'm from central PA too. I know where is 3 for sell right now. For less.
My friend just go a 2004 6s. It has leather and everything you can ask for in the car. It has 28,000 miles on it and let me tell you this car never saw rain or snow. He got it at a dealer in PA and paid 16,500. for it.

[/b]
I'm from Northumberland PA. Where are the cars you saw for sale?

I went down there yesterday. Car was nice but they did not tell me it was modded. ugh.

It has a magnaflow exhaust which at high rpms I just can't stand. And it has a different cold intake on it. Test driving it I went over a bump and it seemed kinda stiff. Like different springs were put in. It doesn't look lower but it just doesn't feel stock.

They gave me a final price of $15,350 and $4500 for mine. Then they wanted ME to pay for them to put the exhaust back to stock. I told them 'Ill think about it' meaning no. He then said 'Well it wont be around by tuesday someone else wants it. I told him it wasn't meant to be then. 2 seconds later he responded 'What would it take for me to get you in that car today? I'm thinking if you have a buyer on Tuesday why are you so concerned?"

I drove 1 1/2 hrs each way for this car, they should have told me it wasn't stock. The car inside & out though was beautiful. It has a bose stereo in it (the speaker grills said bose).

I'm really in the market for a 6 and thought this was the one. Just very frustrating. Thanks for all your replys so far.

S

·
0 Posts

[/b]
Over near Downingtown, PA there is an awesome blue 2005 6 for 15,990 with 18,800 - lots of addons, no moonroof or leather however. It does have the in dash 6 cd changer, power seat, side airbags.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just bought my 06 6i for $15,830 brand new in late May. I'm sure the deals are getting better. Do some more research into buying new. Its worth it!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
23 Participants
ryan999
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing