Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here and I've been having an issue with my Mazda 6 '09 push to start, not starting. I changed the batteries in both my Keyfobs and the car sometimes doesn't register the keyfob. Even when I put the key in the fake ignition and it doesn't recognize it. The car eventually starts once I jiggle the gear shift and/or I jiggle the steering wheel. It is so strange that sometimes it starts right up and sometime it takes me more 5 mins of messing with the gear shift before it starts. Anyone have any idea whats going on or what needs to be fixed?

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
I'll take a shot and say it's a neutral switch in the shifter. It's a safety device to protect people from themselves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I think @GerryB is on the right track. The car checks to make sure its safe to start before it initializes the start proceedure. If it thinks its in gear, it wont start the car. It should turn the accessories on though. Does that happen?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
waughoo
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing