Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always loved push button starters (Like on the S2000 and some BMWs) and I've seen a few people modify them to fit into their own cars (Like a Fiero).

Now I have a question, what is that little oval right below the A/C Mode knob/button, that is slightly discolored from the surrounding panel?

That would be a good spot for a a push button starter, or maybe hidden next to the cigarette lighter in the center dash, in that same area.

http://www.ignitedperformance.com/product/index.html

·
Registered
205 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Push Button Starter?'

Originally posted by DennyA

I just don't get the coolness of the push-button starter. I mean, you have to put the key in and turn it first anyway....[/b]
I'm going with DennyA on this one.. What's the point on the button.. My best friend got one installed in his Integra.. At first I was like WOW... nice way to start a car.. but then when I actually say that you had to put the key in turn to the accesorry switch and then push the button.. I was like.. you payed $80 for the switch and another $65 for installation on this shit.. He was like.. yeah cool right... Honestly that was stupid and a waste of money to me just for a little stupid button which really doesn't start the car.. the key actually has to start it anyways... But do what you like and good luck with it..

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Reading Topic: Push Button Starter?

I had one of those in my Protege. Kind of a fad though. Meh. It was in at the time I had it. And it was backlit red as well. So that was neat.

I custom fit it down by the shifter.

Bit of a pain in the ass and doesn't look professional enough for the 6 in my opinion.

But the one in the MPS6 with the SmartCard pushbutton start looks coooooool :D But I think that's just because it uses a SmartCard.

·
Registered
376 Posts

Originally posted by KincaidBut the one in the MPS6 with the SmartCard pushbutton start looks coooooool :D But I think that's just because it uses a SmartCard.[/b]
sorry if i didn't get this one Kincaid, but what is the use of a smartcard there?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

The Renault Laguna II also have the smartcard system.

You have a card (similar size to a credit card, just a bit thicker). You put the card in a slot instead of putting a key in. THen you start the car with a button.

·
Registered
683 Posts

I have a hard enuff time keeping track of my car keys...I card seems easier to misplace.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

It is actually pretty big... like a creditcard like I said. Maybe 3-4mm thick. I think you can attach it (at least the Renault version) to a keyring.

·
Registered
96 Posts

I don't get those..

I mean i always leave my house with my keys, I'm pretty sure I'll be forgetting a card loads of times. The laguna one doesn't really fit your wallet either.

·
Registered
683 Posts

Originally posted by Kerrick

I don't get those..  

I mean i always leave my house with my keys, I'm pretty sure I'll be forgetting a card loads of times. The laguna one doesn't really fit your wallet either.[/b]
I really wouldnt keep it in my wallet either....lost wallet...lost Id with my address in it.. with a nice key to start my car at said address how convienient. Not that i lose my wallet all that often, but if i had that smart card thingy in there you can be sure id lose it.

·
Registered
526 Posts

Pretty soon you'll carry one single card to pay for things, serve as ID, including medical & insurance information. Then the damn thing will open and start your car as well as let you into your house.

We all know the technology is there. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. At the very least, the death of paper money is on its way.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Push Button Starter?

No but the vets will be happy! No more stubborn dogs to ID-chip - just humble car rental customers... Or sweaty toruists with hawaii-shirts..
:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.