Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have just got a 2011 2.0 Petrol 6 (UK version) and I live in the UK,

I know I am very limited with pushing a little bit more power from the car and I don't want to end up doing anything TO heavy so I was wondering what my options are?

Firstly I am going to be swapping the air filters out for a K&N/Piper X CAI and that will give a little boost to performance but is there anything else, relatively simple I can do to help boost the power?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Not sure about the UK 6, but my bud says the 6's engine isn't really modable, or at least there's not a lot of options for it. You're also not gonna see any gain from intakes or exhaust sadly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I am starting to see that, It's a shame as it seems a really good engine to begin with.

The air intakes, (according to other owners) have said a CAI will help with performance in the sense it feels a little more responsive and for the cost £30-40 it's worth it tbh.

I think most of my work will have to be visual then.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So far the only serious engine mods i've seen around these parts are a CAI, headers, and widening your TB. MSDS makes a header that fits for 2nd gen with a slight modification to the connecting down pipe. I don't know how much of a performance enhancement that will be though. Hope that helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts