Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my front brake pads with some Wagner Thermoquiet pads that I got on the cheap, and when I changed the pads I took the entire caliper assembly off the rotor (planned on getting the rotor turned too but couldnt break the bolts in it free) and when I replaced the pads, I couldn't figure out where the M-shaped "springs" should go. I saw the How-to for replaced the front brake pads on Mazda6tech and just wanted to know if I should put those M-"springs" in place or put on the shims from the stock pads. The new pads I used already had shims on them.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
you need the springs or else your pads will drag on your rotors. in my case, with hp+'s.... my pads make a horrid amount of noise without them. it sucks i need new springs. if you arent using yours i'd love to buy them from you.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd sell them to you, but it sounds like I should put them back on, if anything just to prolong the life of my pad/rotor.

I appreciate the info though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.