Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just taken delivery of my Mazda6 sedan (Classic Silver Contrail) and I noticed that the Dimmer button doesn't depress (ie. is flush with the surround).
Does anyone know what the purpose of the Dimmer button is in the Australian spec version ?

Is this correct for the Australian version or is it a problem I should report at my next service?

Regards,

Harry

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Purpose of Dimmer button in Australian spec Mazda6 sedan (Classic)'

Isn't the dimmer just a wheel that you turn, no pressing/depressing? That's how it is on my 626 anyway, and I think that's the same button as on the 6...

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Purpose of Dimmer button in Australian spec Mazda6 sedan (Classic)'

Oh...and welcome on board, btw!!!:)

·
Registered
244 Posts

Originally posted by harryw

I've just taken delivery of my Mazda6 sedan (Classic Silver Contrail) and I noticed that the Dimmer button doesn't depress (ie. is flush with the surround).
Does anyone know what the purpose of the Dimmer button is in the Australian spec version ?

Is this correct for the Australian version or is it a problem I should report at my next service?

Regards,

Harry[/b]
Do not know about Australian specs but in my 6 it does just what it says - dimmes/brightens the display for audio/ACC/OBC. It works only in night mode (daylights are switched on automatically) and display is dimmed by default - so it's more like brightener rather than dimmer. Could be useful when there is extremely strong sunlight reflecting from the display, but that is rarely the case at nighttime :sarc.

·
Registered
244 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Isn't the dimmer just a wheel that you turn, no pressing/depressing? That's how it is on my 626 anyway, and I think that's the same button as on the 6...[/b]
You're most likely talking about the dimmer for tahc/speedo that is located left and down from the steering wheel. In 6 there is an additional dimmer for central display.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by Sigvard
You're most likely talking about the dimmer for tahc/speedo that is located left and down from the steering wheel. In 6 there is an additional dimmer for central display.[/b]
Ah...see that's something I didn't know!:sarc

·
Registered
136 Posts

Hi Harry,
I take it that you are referring to the DIMMER switch which is at the top on the central control console.
I have a Pacific Blue Mazda6 sedan and this dimmer button only works when the lights are on - it makes the display a lot brighter. You just press the button and it makes the display brighter when the lights are on.
I hope this helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Australian spec Mazda6 sedan Beeping?

A little off subject but...this one's for harryw and any other Australian Mazda6 owners: Does your Mazda6 make a beeping noise at you when you first turn the ignition key; ie. before you put on your seatbelt?

I'm currently living in the US and heading home to Oz sooon, and have ordered a Mazda6. All US cars loudly beep to remind you to put on your seatbelt and it's driven me mad for the last couple of years and I'm praying the Australian-spec Mazdas don't do it!

·
Registered
148 Posts

Originally posted by fencer

A little off subject but...this one's for harryw and any other Australian Mazda6 owners: Does your Mazda6 make a beeping noise at you when you first turn the ignition key; ie. before you put on your seatbelt?  

I'm currently living in the US and heading home to Oz sooon, and have ordered a Mazda6. All US cars loudly beep to remind you to put on your seatbelt and it's driven me mad for the last couple of years and I'm praying the Australian-spec Mazdas don't do it![/b]
The Mazda 6 Seatbelt reminder beep will only come on if you're travelling above 6km/h.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Also: a seatbelt reminder - how hard is it to deactivate? Not hard at all - there's an electric switch that is easily by-passed...

·
Registered
244 Posts

Also: a seatbelt reminder - how hard is it to deactivate? Not hard at all - there's an electric switch that is easily by-passed...[/b]
I stongly support the use of seatbelts. If the reminder has even once made you remember to wear a belt then it certainly has justified itself. I would probably not be here today if I didn't have a habit to fasten seatbelt every time I start driving. Always remember to wear a seatbelt!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I agree with Sigvard - always use the safety belt (btw - that's a SWEDISH invention hah-hah-hah *patriotic mode off* )

:D

·
Registered
244 Posts

(btw - that's a SWEDISH invention hah-hah-hah *patriotic mode off* )

:D[/b]
[pm] btw - seatbelts for SAAB-s are made in Estonia [/pm] :D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by Sigvard
[pm] btw - seatbelts for SAAB-s are made in Estonia [/pm] :D[/b]
hmpff!!!!:(

:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts