Mazda 6 Forums banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Kyle, thanks for the due diligence.

It's unrealisitc to expect a company to produce products without occasional faults. Rather, it's how that company deals with the problems; it's good to see Enerpulse follow through on their claims. mk

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
I have to say that after seeing this thread and seeing how Enerpulse has handled to problem(s) I would definately recommend people buying their products.I am glad this is a happy ending for the issues that happened in the past.

·
Registered
431 Posts
So does this mean the "improved" plugs will now work in the MS6? I have had one crack after 10k miles and one where the center electode was loose in the ceramic tip. Two plugs were replaced by Erin @ Enerpluse, but I have not installed them back for fear of lack of performance.

Will the electonics now hold up the the MS6 ignition?

Kyle, please advise so I know if I should ask for a replacement set or just let them sit and collect dust :goon:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
replacements arrived today - but no time to install until this weekend. i hope wishful thinking works.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Got confirmation from Kyle today that replacements are on the way. They will be pre-gapped, ready to install. I can't wait to try them out. :drive:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, received my new plugs yesterday, but having sump pump issues at home, no time to install. 2morrow is my off day, will install then. Thanx Kyle for the quick action, , ,hopefully these will fair better than the last two sets. My MS6 is stock, except for K&N drop-in, so there shouldn't be any issues :hide:

VersyeJr

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I got my plugs today Kyle. I have to say ,just by looking at them they do look alot beefier. I suspect broekn plugs will be few and far between now. Thx again.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I had been pumped about these plugs awhile back when they first came out. I was about to buy some NGK's due to the AWFUL stories I read on this forum among others. I will hold off on the NGK's for a little while and be watching this forum in particular to see how the NEW and IMPROVED pulstars are working. Please let me know how they are working out!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
got mine installed in the speed6 tonight. seems to run fine. idle is very smooth, as is acceleration and driving.

i'm right at 40k miles on the original plugs. it's amazing what a difference new plugs can make. i'm optimistic that this set will perform.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Got my plugs today... damn, Kyle does a much much much nicer job of gapping them than I would have... They do it with a machine??

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE (wk03879 @ Mar 10 2009, 10:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1531973
Got my plugs today... damn, Kyle does a much much much nicer job of gapping them than I would have... They do it with a machine??[/b]
Thanks, in manufacturing they use a machine to gap to .040". I went though all of them by hand and made sure the gaps were right and reduced the MS plugs to .025".

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
quick update - with a little more than 100 miles on the new plugs they're still going strong.

·
Registered
471 Posts
are those group buy replacements still available? i emailed that guy on sunday and he hasn't gotten back to me. they got a number or something?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
quick update, i'm up to ~500 miles and still going strong. the car is noticeable better (i.e. smoother idle, acceleration, et cetera) than the 40k mile stockers.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Got my replacement today, installing them soon!

Keep up the reviews people lets see if these plugs are fixed!

·
Registered
471 Posts
3 of mine were DOA... so never got a chance to test the new batch.. it should be fine to mix and match gen1 and 2 plugs id imagine so i have a full set to install if i ever want a few extra HP and a headache

61 - 78 of 78 Posts