Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
QUOTE (MicaBlackMS6 @ Feb 12 2009, 08:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1519051
This isn't really a site suggestion or problem. I just posted up this thread because I thought it was weird that we have a sponsor that sells products that do not work for our cars. The whole point is that this thread should be visible. I thought that since I saw the biggest problems occurring with this product in the MS6, that I would post there. I didn't say remove the sponsor, or anything along those lines. From what I have read this company is not like accofail, where customer service is non-existent. The people that had problems with these plugs got their money back, at least from what I know. I don't have a problem with the company per say, I just found it strange that they are a site sponsor when their products don't work on our cars.[/b]
I moved it here because it wasn't really MS6 specific. Maybe it should be somewhere else, but it seemed to fit more to me as a forum issues since the question was why they were chosen as a sponsor on this forum. If you think there is a better place to put it, then maybe we can move it there.

Now, with all that said, I agree with the others in here that they are a probably not a good choice for a sponsor, but unfortunately the sponsor part of this forum is handled strictly by AF. The mods and admins are not involved in that process at all, which may not be the best, but it is what it is.

What we can do is try and contact AF's about our concerns with this sponsor, but in the end, they make the final say. As someone said above..a lot of times money speaks louder than common sense...especially in this economy.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
^^ You hit the nail on the head unfortunately Insane. AF is a business, and as such they will let anyone be a sponsor so long as they pay the fees regardless of how the community feels about the new sponsor or any past history (bad in this case). I hate to beat a dead horse, but it was apparent long ago when Discount tire Direct & Auto Sock showed up and still to this day never opened a proper vendor section. They just put their names here for the advertising, not because they had any intention to support the community.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Reading this, I think I may move on. I see why others have done the same, however so much of the info I need I get from here. But I figure, if you build it, they will come, so I think thats what I will do, somewhere else where the sponsors are actually of some use to me.

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
QUOTE (aviator79 @ Feb 13 2009, 10:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1519298
Reading this, I think I may move on. I see why others have done the same, however so much of the info I need I get from here. But I figure, if you build it, they will come, so I think thats what I will do, somewhere else where the sponsors are actually of some use to me.[/b]
You will be missed if you do, but I'm not sure why you would stop visiting just because who is a sponsor here?

·
Registered
748 Posts
It was mentioned if you don't like don't buy. That is all fine for us that know but noobs coming in may not have a clue. They see a vendor as a sponsor and silly them, they assume that they are a trusted well respected company and buy these shitty parts. When the parts fail (cause we know they will) the noob is pissed, not only at the vendor but the stupid club that advertised for them.

They should take that sponsor money and give it to the people that got screwed by their crappy product. At least try to make it right.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
I changed my mind. I wont stop as Ive too much vested in this site and I still like it and all the people on it for the most part. I do wish we had some better sponsors though. I miss bagman, mazmart and even thou I never bought from her, Tiffany. What even happened to bagman? He just stoped posting one day never to be heard from again. Now when I need OEM parts there is no one on here that will reply. We got two new sponsors that have not even posted, CPE is basically MIA. And because this is the first car I ever modded I have lots of questions, but some of the people I relied on to answer them are gone which also suck. So now I use 3 forums to get my info. Oh well at least it is friday.

ALSO, I have spent some time on other forums for other cars, mainly looking for wheels, and man they have some awsome sponsors. We dont have a wheel sponsor. Driveline store should be a sponsor here. TT should too. I guess the prices have gone so high only large companies can afford it.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I'd like to ask that someone opens a well worded QA thread in their section. Lets first find out if there has been any changes in their production and post production practices. We all bought last year. To remain a profitable company you must evolve and address issues. I know that they worked with us pretty hard in replacing broken plugs and that cost them a good amount of money. Lets see if they made any changes to limit having to fork out so much money in replacement parts for failed ones.

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
QUOTE (USAF 6S @ Feb 13 2009, 12:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1519371
I'd like to ask that someone opens a well worded QA thread in their section. Lets first find out if there has been any changes in their production and post production practices. We all bought last year. To remain a profitable company you must evolve and address issues. I know that they worked with us pretty hard in replacing broken plugs and that cost them a good amount of money. Lets see if they made any changes to limit having to fork out so much money in replacement parts for failed ones.[/b]
I would have done this, but I can not access their section, kind of like discount tire direct.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
QUOTE (MicaBlackMS6 @ Feb 13 2009, 12:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1519396
I would have done this, but I can not access their section, kind of like discount tire direct.[/b]

Man sorry about that I didn't realize. How about a email dialogue until we can resolve that issue?

Edit: I just got off the phone with Kyle at Pulstar he shall be in here shortly to help out. He was extremely receptive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey everyone.

Since the overwhelming majority of concerns are about quality, I'm gonna address that. There really isn't any denying it, we had quality issues. Front wheel drive v6s are hard enough to install plugs in without having to additionally deal with a brittle plug. We've changed a couple of things recently(within the last 2-3 months) both inside and outside of the plug that have increased the physical strength of it by a lot. Last I saw the numbers it looked like 2-3 times(to double again in a few weeks). Most of the issues I've run into are around installation time. If they'd been installed and worked fine they'd almost always last as long as the electrode took to wear down. I recently installed the EF1 plugs in my mom's Fusion, started her car, made sure everything was fine, and shut it off. The next time she started the car was to start her 800 mile drive home from El Paso with long stretches of nothing in that trip(I10 between El Paso and San Antonio is 6 hours and there is maybe 3 actual towns for that stretch). I was confident enough in what we have to do that; the first time the engine reached operating temp with the new plugs was when she was leaving town.

I look forward to working with you guys. I'm not in customer service, marketing, or sales but feel free to use me as your primary contact for the company for anything and everything. I enjoy working on cars as I'm sure everybody here does; if I wasn't sure about the product being something I'd want in my car(or my mom's) I wouldn't be here.

Once we get the section opened I'll speak with some people here and see what all I can do for you guys.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Since you mention that you have changed your manufacturing processes in the last 2-3 months and claim they are now fixed, will your company stand behind its prior products that were released during the time of less than stellar quality control?
<a href="http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=91280&hl=pulstar" target="_blank">
Does pulstar stand behind it's product enough that you are willing to replace everyone's plugs who purchased them during the group buy held here, with the newly redesigned higher quality plug at no cost, no questions asked? Roughly 100 people purchased plugs and probably 85% of them have had plugs fail or never put them in because of the horror stories of others here.</a>

Perhaps if Pulstar is willing to offer this no questions asked replacement for anyone who purchased their plugs during this group buy with the new higher quality plugs it would go a long way towards repairing your reputation on these boards. I saw over on the nissan club forum, your CEO is willing to stand behind the product and as such this shouldn't be an unreasonable action on your part if he was telling the truth.

** Note: I have no vested interest as I do not own your plugs, I just want to see fellow club members done right by this company if you truly stand behind your product. **

Edit:
Here is another thread with more people from the group buy posting their reviews/issues of your plugs as well.

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Ok, since the Pulstar thread is now open, I think this can be moved to their section? As long as posts don't get deleted I think that is the way to go. That way they can respond to all of the complaints in this thread.

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE (mariusvt @ Feb 13 2009, 12:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1519438
Does pulstar stand behind it's product enough that you are willing to replace everyone's plugs who purchased them during the group buy held here, with the newly redesigned higher quality plug at no cost, no questions asked? Roughly 100 people purchased plugs and probably 85% of them have had plugs fail or never put them in because of the horror stories of others here.[/b]
Yes.

If someone from the group buy wants replacement plugs I'll gladly have them sent out. Just email or PM your name and the address it was shipped to and I'll personally take care of the replacements. I don't know who was in charge of getting replacements out and making sure you guys were happy with your purchases but it doesn't look like it was handled well at all.

As I'd mentioned before, strength is about to go up again in a week or two so expect replacements to wait that long before I actually get them in for shipment.

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
QUOTE (MicaBlackMS6 @ Feb 13 2009, 02:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1519467
Ok, since the Pulstar thread is now open, I think this can be moved to their section? As long as posts don't get deleted I think that is the way to go. That way they can respond to all of the complaints in this thread.[/b]
Yeah, I fixed the problem with the forum. I can move it there.

I agree it's the best place for it...

Thanks for your patience with the thread...

:)

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
QUOTE (Insane @ Feb 13 2009, 03:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1519481
Yeah, I fixed the problem with the forum. I can move it there.

I agree it's the best place for it...

Thanks for your patience with the thread...

:)[/b]
Thanks insane, thread title has been updated.

·
Risickulous
4,862 Posts
Let me clear up some false info here. I was one of the first people to run them on the MS6 and posted all kinds of info regarding it. In the end, they would not hold up very long before causing misfires. Started with about 1500 miles and lost the other 3 relatively soon after replacing each one at a time. Once I got the 4th new one, I pulled the last 3 good out and switched to the Denso's. The plugs only offered me butter smooth idle. Gas mileage was always lower with them than any other plug I've tried. Performance never seemed to be hurt by them until they started missing.

The Company itself is topnotch to deal with. Since I am local to them I got to know them real well. They always took care of any issue right away and they handled the group buy extremely well. After all the problems I, and a few others, had with the plugs, they eventually pulled them from the site listing for the turbo motor.

There is no reason to attack them as a sponsor since they have great customer service. They also upgraded their plugs once through the ordeal for the breaking issues if I remember right.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts