Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not 100% sure this is the place to post this, but I do recall reading that pretty much everyone that tried these plugs on a MS6 had issues with them? Kind of weird that they are a sponsor now...

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (smoker6 @ Feb 12 2009, 04:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1518932
That's not particularly surprising, overall, is it? Given the sponsor track record of these forums.[/b]
Well thats part of the reason why I posted this. The whole accofail fiasco, and now this. I think even the 6i/6s guys had problems with these plugs cracking. I think it was MattOKC that tried several of these, all to no avail.

Edit: found a few threads.
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...=85411&st=0
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...=85195&st=0

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
QUOTE (MicaBlackMS6 @ Feb 12 2009, 03:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1518895
I am not 100% sure this is the place to post this, but I do recall reading that pretty much everyone that tried these plugs on a MS6 had issues with them? Kind of weird that they are a sponsor now...[/b]
Hmm that's interesting. Yah I tried 3 sets of them. Our electrical systems are too strong for them. It roasts the internals after a period of time (some longer some shorter). Cool idea, just not solid and reliable yet. There are some extensive writeup on the forum about it (some of which I wrote myself :p )

·
Registered
748 Posts
Why NOT? Why not keep the shit track record going? Just add another vendor to this list that is going to fuck over its members with a shitty product. Way to go!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Come on guys, you don't ACTUALLY want helpful, honest sponsors do you? How would we have fun that way...

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This isn't really a site suggestion or problem. I just posted up this thread because I thought it was weird that we have a sponsor that sells products that do not work for our cars. The whole point is that this thread should be visible. I thought that since I saw the biggest problems occurring with this product in the MS6, that I would post there. I didn't say remove the sponsor, or anything along those lines. From what I have read this company is not like accofail, where customer service is non-existent. The people that had problems with these plugs got their money back, at least from what I know. I don't have a problem with the company per say, I just found it strange that they are a site sponsor when their products don't work on our cars.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
i'm with you on this one, but this might give Pulstar a chance to explain what went wrong last year or what has changed since that time. i dont' think anyone that searches much is going to be interested in their stuff if they don't have some good info to share.

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
QUOTE (MrTea @ Feb 12 2009, 08:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1519057
i'm with you on this one, but this might give Pulstar a chance to explain what went wrong last year or what has changed since that time. i dont' think anyone that searches much is going to be interested in their stuff if they don't have some good info to share.[/b]
But why would Pulstar not be be able to respond to the complaints if the thread was in the MS6 section? If it would be posted there, than people that used this product could chime in with their experience with it. MattOKC knows a lot about these and has been through 3 sets. I would think he would know if Pulstar made any changes or not. I just think making this thread visible to the community is in its best interest. If Pulstar has fixed these issues, then they can post up and explain what they have done.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
for me, the title of the thread isn't about asking them for responses. perhaps you could shoot them a message that many of the speed guys (and others from what i understand) would ilke to hear about their thoughts on how their products impacted the members of this site over teh last 18 months or so.

sorry if i didn't follow at first, i didn't know the thread started somewhere else. but i believe that it happened to plenty of V6 guys as well, and at least a couple 6i guys. so maybe asking them to post it in their section or the general section might be better as well?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
The pulstar plugs havent just failed miserably in our application, but just about every application from what Ive read. I know the guys on this forum who took part in the GB had something like an 85% failure rate on their plugs. Aside from TGNY I don't think anyone managed to get more than 5k out of these plugs before they self destructed.

One thing I might suggest is, something I know the nissan guys are doing. We should have someone from our forum get pulstar to send them a set of plugs at no charge, then do a head to head dyno compared to NGK's and post up the results. That might help some people feel better about at least their claims. Regardless of the results, they are not something you could pay me to put in my 6 based on the abnormally high failure rate.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I have ~15K on my set right now. I had an issues with 2 plugs.On one,it seemed like the seat was not sealing properly in the head and the spark plug wire would be thrown off the plug due to combustion escaping past the spark plug.
The other I accidentally broke myself when removing to check the plugs for that very issue.

These plugs are very fragile it seems to say the least,but for me, other than that they have performed as advertised.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Wonder how much they're paying...

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
If their brand is that bad then no one will buy it and it won't be financially reasonable for them to sponsor here any more, simple as that. If you don't like them, don't buy from them.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
mine are in the box. the car ran great - until i got on it. then it was in a perpetual state of misfire.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts