Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after wish-washing back and forth between 3-4 different sets, I finally pulled the trigger today!

Went with Kazera KZ-V's

http://www.tirerack.com/servlet/CallJsp?ta...%2FMachined+Lip

And the same tires our car came with, only 225's. Tirerack had them on sale for $132 each as a close out!

I know I said I was going to buy from NTB, but a word to the wise. Avoid them like the plague! They say there stuff is "in stock" at the store you click on, but when call to order, they told me that they have to order - get ready for this - from Tirerack.com!!!!! AMAZING. What BS!!!!

Anyway, I did 2 business days so they should be here middle of next week. I can't wait!!!

After I ordered online one of their CSR's even called me back to say that there "may" be a rubbing issue. Talk about good customer service :)

In response, I told the CSR that what everyone on this forum has told me, that there should not be rubbing with 225/45's. You guys had better be right :D

I'll post pics of my car and all the upgrades (CAI, hardwired X65, wheels and antenna) once the wheels are mounted.

Up next month, CPE Catback for the races as TWS :drive:

Cheers!!!

EDIT BTW here's a pic of the wheels on a normal Mazda6...

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread....562#post2757562

·
Registered
507 Posts
:thumbup: I like. Too many aftermarket wheels make the Speed6 lose it's muscular stance. I think these ones will retain it.

BTW, the first link you gave us has timed out and no longer works.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:thumbup: I like. Too many aftermarket wheels make the Speed6 lose it's muscular stance. I think these ones will retain it.
[/b]
Ah shit, it was a servlet, probably expired the session beans

try this one:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/DisplayWhee...%2FMachined+Lip

Thanks, I agree, took me forever to decide. If only there was a site where you could see your actual car with the wheels you order. That's what took me soooo long to decide. Buying site unseen is scary :)

Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
"Went with Kazera KZ-V's "

I bought the same from Tirerack. They came on Wednesday. I am impressed with the design and quality and plan on the 215/45-VR18 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 to compliment the rims. Installation next week.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good choice! I too got the 17x7 light gray KZ-V's just recently. Poohster has 18" KZ-V's on his MS6 and they look awesome.
[/b]
Heh, believe it or not, it was your post on the protege forum that sealed the deal for me :) Great looking car!

I even linked to that thread in my post. Nice choice, it's going to be an anxious 5 days for me!!

Cheers

BTW, how much did you drop the car, looks to me - my guess - 2"?

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Heh, believe it or not, it was your post on the protege forum that sealed the deal for me :) Great looking car!

I even linked to that thread in my post. Nice choice, it's going to be an anxious 5 days for me!!

Cheers

BTW, how much did you drop the car, looks to me - my guess - 2"?
[/b]
Apologies. I didn't see your edit. Man, it's a small Mazda world eh? Glad I was of some help and thanks for the complement.

I'm lowered on Tanabe NF210's, but will be switching to Mazdaspeed springs sometime in the future. I've never measured the drop, but up front it's gotta be 1.75". There's only one local 6 that's lower than me - HighSpeed6 is probably lower than me by another 0.25" due to his Sportlines. The pics makes the ride look lower I think. Maybe it was the time of day and shadows playing tricks with the camera.

Can't wait for your post with pics of the MS6 with the new wheels on.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[/b]

LOVE the avatar. "Didn't you die a few years ago?" guest to Harikari on SNL :)

Apologies. I didn't see your edit. Man, it's a small Mazda world eh? Glad I was of some help. I'm lowered on Tanabe NF210's, but will be switching to Mazdaspeed springs sometime in the future. I've never measured the drop, but up front it's gotta be 1.75". There's only one local 6 that's lower than me - HighSpeed6 is probably lower than me by another 0.25" due to his Sportlines. The pic makes the ride look lower because of the way the wheel is turned.
[/b]
Still looks hot. Eventually I need to get springs and sway bars, TWS is 2.9 miles and 17 turns, with one bad cutback! Lower=stable :)

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Still looks hot. Eventually I need to get springs and sway bars, TWS is 2.9 miles and 17 turns, with one bad cutback![/b]
Damn! I wish I had a local track like that nearby, though we have one being constructed here in NJ that people are touting will be a "Baby VIR."

Lower=stable :)
[/b]
Agreed. But the Tanabe's spring rate isn't that good for the track.

In any event, I'm so excited for you. Keep us updated!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn! I wish I had a local track like that nearby, though we have one being constructed here in NJ that people are touting will be a "Baby VIR."
Agreed. But the Tanabe's spring rate isn't that good for the track.

In any event, I'm so excited for you. Keep us updated!
[/b]
I will, thanks again for posting those pics!

What I like most about these wheels is the weight differential; 23.5 vs. 18.5! Awesome

My buddy with the M3 says that should equate - he has an MS in ME from UT - to a car that feels about 60-80 lbs lighter, even though it's only about 20. Plus the rotational inertia should take .1 or .2 of the 60 time - YIPPEEE :)

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Is this your car?? J/K!!!!

As Raynman said "Good choice" :thumbup: In-expensive and yet pretty light. Did you order light gray? Raynman made me wish I would had gone with light gray. Post pics when done!!!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
LOVE the avatar. "Didn't you die a few years ago?" guest to Harikari on SNL :)[/b]
One of Will Farrell's best characters! "Now we all know the moon isn't made of green cheese. But if it were made of barbeque spare ribs, wouldja eat it then?" :laugh:

Thanks, I agree, took me forever to decide. If only there was a site where you could see your actual car with the wheels you order. That's what took me soooo long to decide. Buying site unseen is scary[/b]
I'm halfway tempted to create a Flash applet and drop the MS6 in there and change out the wheels. The program they have on tirerack only has the standard 6 plus the rims just never look right on there.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is this your car?? J/K!!!!

As Raynman said "Good choice" :thumbup: In-expensive and yet pretty light. Did you order light gray? Raynman made me wish I would had gone with light gray. Post pics when done!!!!
[/b]
Actually I ordered the silver with the polished lip. I came inches from getting the chrome - they were $100 more a wheel - but was worried about the extensive brake dust and how it might corrode the chrome finish.

Not sure if that's a legit worry, but I had such differing opinions from people I know that I decided against the risk :)

Your car looks good with the wheels! I'll post pics of all upgrades once the wheels are on. I especially like the RX65 install wth the remote mute, it's sweet! :drive:

[/b]
Yeah, this will be a habit for me, the Porsche club does these DE events every 2 months :drive:

Here's a link to the event:

http://www.lsrpca.com/DE/DE.html

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Hey Raynman is the color of your car pretty close to the titanium gray on the MS6? And it looks like you got the light grey wheels instead of the silver, is that correct? I'm planning on getting these wheels for my MS6 and was just wondering how it would look.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm going to rant.

I see that the 18x7 Kazeras are $259, and the 17x7s are $129. I'm getting some 17x7s for winter, so this is good.

<RANT ON>

We are being screwed by wheel and tire manufacturers. There is no way the 18s should be TWICE the price of the 17s. In tires, nearly the same thing happens. 16->17>18 causes the price to go up way more than can be justified by cost of materials or anything else other than opportunistic greed.

<RANT OFF>

That is all......

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Hey Raynman is the color of your car pretty close to the titanium gray on the MS6? And it looks like you got the light grey wheels instead of the silver, is that correct? I'm planning on getting these wheels for my MS6 and was just wondering how it would look.
[/b]
I believe my Steel Gray Metallic is a bit darker than the MS6 Titanium Gray, but then again I've never seen a Titanium Gray in person.

I'm going to rant.

I see that the 18x7 Kazeras are $259, and the 17x7s are $129. I'm getting some 17x7s for winter, so this is good.

<RANT ON>

We are being screwed by wheel and tire manufacturers. There is no way the 18s should be TWICE the price of the 17s. In tires, nearly the same thing happens. 16->17>18 causes the price to go up way more than can be justified by cost of materials or anything else other than opportunistic greed.

<RANT OFF>

That is all......
[/b]
The chrome 18" Kazeras are $230+. The price breakdown seems reasonable to me and is typical of the market breakdown:

17x7 painted - $130
18x7 painted - $150
17x7 chrome - $230
18x7 chrome - $250

·
Registered
55 Posts
"Went with Kazera KZ-V's "

I bought the same from Tirerack. They came on Wednesday. I am impressed with the design and quality and plan on the 215/45-VR18 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 to compliment the rims. Installation next week.
[/b]

The end result. I have been meaning to post some pictures since installing.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts