Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got pulled over for tints 30 minutes ago, while i was heading to school. but this is some official BS. There was a red pontiac RIGHT next to me. Darker tints in the front, i only have 35% looked like the red pontiac was around 20%-15%. and he pulls ME over. i mean WHAT THE FUCK. i thought he was going to give me a warning or something but no! damn i'm so pissed off. can i sue this officer for discrimination?!!? just because i'm asian and i had my hat on kinda crooked. fuck don't i have to pay tint place to take the tints off. i have a friend whos father is an officer, but i don't know he would right it off for me. some bull shit.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Nope.. you can't sue him for discrimination. I had the same thing happen to me. If it's illegal for have front tints in Cali then you can't do anything except for paying the fine and take it off if you are required to go to the station for them to verify it. And it's easy to take off, just use an exacto knife or razor and peel it off.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nope.. you can't sue him for discrimination. I had the same thing happen to me. If it's illegal for have front tints in Cali then you can't do anything except for paying the fine and take it off if you are required to go to the station for them to verify it. And it's easy to take off, just use an exacto knife or razor and peel it off.
[/b]
+1.

Yeah, nothing you can really do about it. The officer prolly could have been thinking about which one of you guys he was going to flick at. You were the unlucky one.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
man up. haha bro i ain tripping about gettin pulled over. but its how i got pulled over. if his going to pull me over, at least pull that pontiac over too or something. i just don't think its fair that i was pulled over instead of him.

i was told that cops pull you over if they can't see your face. with 35% you could clearly see my face, but the car next to me, could barely see his face. so whats up with that.

but i'm sure if it happened to you, you wouldnt be upset.

·
Registered
126 Posts
man up. haha bro i ain tripping about gettin pulled over. but its how i got pulled over. if his going to pull me over, at least pull that pontiac over too or something. i just don't think its fair that i was pulled over instead of him.

i was told that cops pull you over if they can't see your face. with 35% you could clearly see my face, but the car next to me, could barely see his face. so whats up with that.

but i'm sure if it happened to you, you wouldnt be upset.
[/b]
The thing is fella. Is having tinted windows illegal in your area? Thats the question. I mean, if it is...it really doesnt matter "which one he got, or how many he got". If they arent illegal, you shouldnt have gotten one at all. But obviously you did. So something isnt right...your tints or the officer. You were just the unlucky draw thats all. It happens. If illegal, its the price you pay for having the on there.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Dont go at it with a razor to take it off. Easy solution the tint shops use is soap, water, garbage bag, and sunshine. Just mix up some soap and water in a spray bottle and spray on windows you need to strip. Quickly stick a black garbage bag to it and turn your car so the sunshine is directly hitting the windows you need to strip. Let it sit for a couple hours and it will soften up and pull off, adhesive and all. Some minor work with a razor might be required but not much. If you need to strip the rear window this is a must. If you scrape with a razor you can say goodbye to your rear window defroster.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes fella, having 2 front windows tinted is illegal. yes i know, didn't i state that i am not upset about getting pulled over i'm upset about how it happened. but for real though, are you saying you wouldn't be upset if this happened to you?

thanks porkchop, yes my buddy told me to do something like that, but he said it is time consuming and likely that it wouldn't pull off perfectly? but i'll try it though.

but before i'm asking my friends father if he would just sign it off for me. that would be nice.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
u gots me st8 trippin boo!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
yes fella, having 2 front windows tinted is illegal. yes i know, didn't i state that i am not upset about getting pulled over i'm upset about how it happened. but for real though, are you saying you wouldn't be upset if this happened to you?

thanks porkchop, yes my buddy told me to do something like that, but he said it is time consuming and likely that it wouldn't pull off perfectly? but i'll try it though.

but before i'm asking my friends father if he would just sign it off for me. that would be nice.
[/b]
Honestly, how could I be upset if it happened to me? I use to live in a state where it was illegal to have tints on the side windows. Now I'm in a state where you can, but not as dark as mine. I'm "taking a chance" (knocks on wood lol). But if it happens, it happens. Use to get tints all the time where it was illegal, and tickets would follow. Mad other ppl would have tints on their windows, but there aint nothing I can do about it. How would I fight that? I cant.

On a different note tho, you could go talk to that officer friend of yours and see if he will infact write it off for you. You could get by that way and keep your tints on. But then remember, you could also get another ticket. But thats all on you. How I wish we ALL could have tints and not having laws with them. But for now, I we gotta deal with what laws we got.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Tint laws pretty much suck but what can you do. Some states don't allow tint at all or at least what would equate to nothing. 50% WTF is that. Cargo vans that have no windows in the back are OK and so are the SUV's that are dark as hell from the factory. If the concern is being able to see in at night it should just be a law that you have to turn on the dome light if you get stopped and be done with it. You would be able to see in easily. Anyway, I'm done with my rant.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha maybe, can't really help it if im a G. naw just playing. but yea i guess im just upset that i got pulled over instead of him. since basically we were right next to eachother. okay i'll stop my rant now.

i see what you're saying mssixte, but i don' know, just knowing that the car next to me had darker tint just bothers me.

·
Registered
126 Posts
haha maybe, can't really help it if im a G. naw just playing. but yea i guess im just upset that i got pulled over instead of him. since basically we were right next to eachother. okay i'll stop my rant now.

i see what you're saying mssixte, but i don' know, just knowing that the car next to me had darker tint just bothers me.
[/b]
Right, I know how you feel. Its jacked up that it has to be like that. If it were me, I would be more pissed that just "my luck" I'm the one that got flicked, ya know? lol. And to have the other car have tints too, its like, dam.....why arent you lookin at them? They like, cuz we lookin at YOU! lol. Hate how they got the upper hand like that. lol. Like its crazy down here. Never seen anything like it before. State boys will get you for tints here, but local pd wont mess with you. They windows be just as dark. lol. Some state boys too. You can have your windows tinted dark, they dont care. You can drive like a bat otta h3ll. They wont really pull you over going 15-20 over the speed limit. But damnit...you dont have both your plates on. You gettin flicked real quick! lol

Yeah, they prolly knew you were a G. They was tryin to find you ridin dirty, but they didnt. lol.

·
Registered
752 Posts
in my hood they pull you ova if you dont have tints son.
pull you out da car, beat yo ass wit a retractable baton,
shok you wit a stun gun, and harass my ole lady yo.
i be like "why you tryin to catch me rydin durrty pigster"

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
the mockery of the ignorant is funny lol. however using the word "tints" wtf is that? i've tinted and done tint installs on 100's of cars but i've never done tints to a car.

·
Registered
142 Posts
the mockery of the ignorant is funny lol. however using the word "tints" wtf is that? i've tinted and done tint installs on 100's of cars but i've never done tints to a car.
[/b]
Wurd!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
i got pulled over for tints 30 minutes ago, while i was heading to school. but this is some official BS. There was a red pontiac RIGHT next to me. Darker tints in the front, i only have 35% looked like the red pontiac was around 20%-15%. and he pulls ME over. i mean WHAT THE FUCK. i thought he was going to give me a warning or something but no! damn i'm so pissed off. can i sue this officer for discrimination?!!? just because i'm asian and i had my hat on kinda crooked. fuck don't i have to pay tint place to take the tints off. i have a friend whos father is an officer, but i don't know he would right it off for me. some bull shit. [/b]
so, because you got caught everyone else is an asshole? what will you sue him for, doing his job? your tint is darker than you state's laws allow, period. if you had checked that before tinting you windows you would have saved yourself all this grief.
sorry, but the excuse "the other guy was breaking the law too" doesn't cut it, nor does your misguided belief that you were racially profiled. personally i'd love to see a law passed making it a felony to wear your hat in stupid positions but there isn't such a law yet so quit whining about being discriminated against for that too.

the only BS here is your acting like a spoiled brat and expecting the laws to bend for your convenience. grow up.

your state allows 70% on front windows, basically no more than the stock factory tint.
here is a website with a database of state tint laws, it might be a valuable reference. i'm sure by now you've been told that ignorance of the laws doesn't constitute an excuse.

http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/

·
Registered
126 Posts
[/b]
:jackoff:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts