Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:swearin: :irate:
The wife just got pulled over by rookies and they had the tint machine that said the tint was at 24%! First off, we bought the damn car from the dealer with the tints already on it! Second, it was dusk when the wife was driving home and the cops drove up into my driveway to test the fraggin tint. The gave us a week to remove the tint!!!!!!

THEN they told her that they see trucks with the same or darker tint and said they would NOT give them a ticket. I don't know why they are pointing us out! WTF?!?! :irate:

Sorry got to rant, this is the second time being pulled over and I understand the purpose of tint laws and I have a copy of the IWFA with the stated legal aftermarket %'s, but why the hell are they pointing us out? Yes we have a speed yellow but we did nothing wrong!!! :nono:

What is the deal with these cops lately? A noObie batch with a stick up their @#$??

Ok back to work....

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Bummer! But, not to point out the obvious, the tint is what you did wrong. Sucks to hear but everyone with tint that is too dark knows that it is against the law. It's just a chance we all take in order to have our cars look the way we want them. Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

·
Registered
979 Posts
do you have the paperwork from the dealer that says it came with the car???? better yet get it removed and there will be no issue.. tint does always look darker on the yellow car.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm in the Syracuse area of NY. I know how you feel. Bought the 6 in December with extremly dark tints. My wife has been pulled over for a warning so far! I have a copper 6, so it does stick out a bit...

I'm waiting to get a ticket. :sarc: It's just bound to happen. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
it's the yellow car...it attracts them in. how many older people do you know that drive a vibrant color car? not many, the majority of them are young kids. and your car defenitely stands out from the crowd! :D

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bummer! But, not to point out the obvious, the tint is what you did wrong. Sucks to hear but everyone with tint that is too dark knows that it is against the law. It's just a chance we all take in order to have our cars look the way we want them. Sorry to hear of your misfortune.[/b]
Well we bought the car from the dealer last year with the tint pre-installed! I gotta dig up my sticker or maybe my insurance copy has a copy of one. But the cops did say it s up to the consumer to tell what is legal and what is not, so Im not sure that the sticker from the dealer would help....Oh well.

Because of what happened, I missed South Park! Was it a repeat?

Just needed to rant a bit...

·
Registered
29 Posts
:swearin: :irate:
The wife just got pulled over by rookies and they had the tint machine that said the tint was at 24%! First off, ave a speed yellow but we did nothing wrong!!! :nono:

What is the deal with these cops lately? A noObie batch with a stick up their @#$??

Ok back to work....
[/b]
:drive: The wife was cruising down the road yesterday and noticed a cop with a tint tester sitting on top of a bridge.
The cop pulled her over, walked up to the car and asked her, "Is that tint legal?" she replied, "Yes it certainly is and, by the way, you're making me late for work."

"Oh yeah," said the cop, "what do you do?"

She responded, "I'm a rectum stretcher."
The cop said "What.....a rectum stretcher, and what does a rectum stretcher do?" She replied, "Well, I start with one finger, then I work my way up to two fingers, then three, then four, then my whole hand, then I work until I can get both hands in there and then I slowly stretch it until it's about 6 foot wide." The cop asked her, "What the hell do you do with a 6 foot asshole?"
She simply replied, "You give him a tint tester and park him on top of a bridge..." :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it's the yellow car...it attracts them in. how many older people do you know that drive a vibrant color car? not many, the majority of them are young kids. and your car defenitely stands out from the crowd! :D
[/b]
Hey! Im young at heart! :slap: :nana:

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Jimmy, how can they even do a test @ dusk? I know in Ohio, they have to test it when the sun is out.

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jimmy, how can they even do a test @ dusk? I know in Ohio, they have to test it when the sun is out.
[/b]
Dude, ask the took rookies when they pulled her over in our driveway at 530pm yesterday! I dunno man, Its just embarrasing to have cops in your driveway being lectured to with your neighbors looking on. Cops told us we have a week to remove the tint.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Dude, ask the took rookies when they pulled her over in our driveway at 530pm yesterday! I dunno man, Its just embarrasing to have cops in your driveway being lectured to with your neighbors looking on. Cops told us we have a week to remove the tint.
[/b]
I would go to court, secondly I would get the invoice/contract and show them that they vehicle came that way. Also, tell them that they took their readings at dusk, when sunlight and visability is at a premium. I would get all scientific on their asses.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I don't know about your laws in the USA, but here in Canada, if a cop was in your driveway without your permission... that's trespassing.

...besides that, I'd go to court I think as well... (unless it was your front windows that were tinted, cause that's illegal)

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know about your laws in the USA, but here in Canada, if a cop was in your driveway without your permission... that's trespassing.

...besides that, I'd go to court I think as well... (unless it was your front windows that were tinted, cause that's illegal)
[/b]
I am not sure, this was the second time cops followed me into my driveway (different house though). That ticket was a supposedly a moving violation *cough*meeting quota*cough*, but I pleaed that down to a fine and no points.

But this one is a blatant target on a yellow car. Does anyone know the correct procedure in testing for tint?

@Marlon, no tickets were issued cause they were being called away at the time of the stop.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just got my second ticket in cali for my tints $592.00 :swearin: you would think I'd learn but no. I'm registering in Nevada next week. Like Maddog said "It's a chnce we take to have our cars look good"
I have 15% all around I think P white would look like shit with the tints off the front.

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got my second ticket in cali for my tints $592.00 :swearin: you would think I'd learn but no. I'm registering in Nevada next week. Like Maddog said "It's a chnce we take to have our cars look good"
I have 15% all around I think P white would look like shit with the tints off the front.
[/b]
That sux0rs man. I feel for you. For me, being that we have a yellow car, the bumble-bee sticks out like a sore lemon! LOL

Good luck to you!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Is there a place where we can request a moratorium on such posts? Come on guys... you have tinted windows, most of which are too dark to be legal. Then you bitch when the cops pull you over? Bitch about racial profiling, police brutality, or illegal speed traps but don't bitch when you get pulled over for something you did wrong. That's like saying "I was driving down the road at 120 in a 55 and this cop pulls me over! I'm tired of this! What is their problem?"

Can I ask what the big deal with the tint is anyway?

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is there a place where we can request a moratorium on such posts? Come on guys... you have tinted windows, most of which are too dark to be legal. Then you bitch when the cops pull you over? Bitch about racial profiling, police brutality, or illegal speed traps but don't bitch when you get pulled over for something you did wrong. That's like saying "I was driving down the road at 120 in a 55 and this cop pulls me over! I'm tired of this! What is their problem?"

Can I ask what the big deal with the tint is anyway?
[/b]

If I was speeding, driving recklessly I would tend to agree with your view. However, these cops point out said and pointed out cars parked in the driveways of my neighbors and said they would not pull them over, but would defintely pull "you" over. Now do I have a right to complain? I tend to believe I have every right to argue my point when these cops admitted targetting me and my wife. We are law abiding citizens that regularly donate to the local PBA, Firefighters, FOP's and such. I have faithfully served in the armed forces to protect this country and my wife has survived many things in her life that I believe would turn people into sour grapes. I am not saying that this is the end of the world "oh my f'in god" issue, but when someone has it out for you, wouldn't one become defensive?

The main point of this is that we cannot go and simply go to a counter/office/kiosk to complain about a specific officer(s) that seems to have it out for you.

As for the tint, we bought the car with the tint, I agree with people with the fact that its up to the consumer to figure out what is legal and not legal on the car. Can I just rant?

And I thank you for your opinion. :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
If I was speeding, driving recklessly I would tend to agree with your view. However, these cops point out said and pointed out cars parked in the driveways of my neighbors and said they would not pull them over, but would defintely pull "you" over. Now do I have a right to complain? I tend to believe I have every right to argue my point when these cops admitted targetting me and my wife. We are law abiding citizens that regularly donate to the local PBA, Firefighters, FOP's and such. I have faithfully served in the armed forces to protect this country and my wife has survived many things in her life that I believe would turn people into sour grapes. I am not saying that this is the end of the world "oh my f'in god" issue, but when someone has it out for you, wouldn't one become defensive?

The main point of this is that we cannot go and simply go to a counter/office/kiosk to complain about a specific officer(s) that seems to have it out for you.

As for the tint, we bought the car with the tint, I agree with people with the fact that its up to the consumer to figure out what is legal and not legal on the car. Can I just rant?

[/b]
You tell him!!!!!!! You can rant, get it out of your system. Do you need a group hug and a high-five?? :laugh:

BTW, Just get the front two removed, have the ticket signed-off and re-install a lighter shade on the fronts.

·
Registered
107 Posts

[/b]
Apparently, you do not need an answer the question "Can I just rant?".

You can forgive me if I call BS to the whole "they targeted my car and admitted it to me" thing.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
About this Discussion
62 Replies
28 Participants
Kevin6s
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing