Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some pics :)

I bolted it to the head to test fit. Awesome news and not-so-awesome news. The awesome news is that my top-mount l/a ic will absolutely fit with no problems what-so-ever. It also appears the turbo will fit with the open-element filter. The not-so-awesome issue however, is that my wastegate doesnt fit...

It's not total fail though a) because I did request the 38mm 2-bolt flange instead of the v-banded flange it was designed with, and b) because I have a solution/suggestion...

I'm going to go have this angled piece of tube cut out and the flange rotated just a smidge forward and down.

That should put it right in that nook of space above the alternator AND have it aimed just right to use the dump pipe I got from Darksun, lol.

Moar 2 kum!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
for some reason i thought you were black haha

Reactions: StreetUnitMark

·
Registered
884 Posts
damn that thing is hawt! sucks you have to mod it though

·
Registered
959 Posts
He is black like Michael Jackson...

That is a nice mani, why didnt you get it ceramic coated?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually I'm an indian. Feather, not dot.

I'm gonna coat it myself. I knew I'd be welding in a bung, so it would've been a waste to have ptp coat it. Good thing, since I have tp chop up the ewg tube and reweld it.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
i want one ....

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Wow. That makes me want to take off the stock piece asap.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
what did it cost

it looks like a nice, way to many stories of poorly made mani have kept me from getting one so far

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
lol orignal 38mm EWG = fail. the MV-s is 40% smaller, flows the same, and can handle leaded fuel.

Reactions: StreetUnitMark

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rage, i got it on their introductory price of $975, but I got another 10% off cause john didn't meet the deadline by about three weeks, so $877.50. But here they are with all the options...

PT-Performance.com

super, that's the wg darksun sent me when i bought his turbo set-up from him. besides, aren't there like 50 other parts of our cars that aren't lead compatable?

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
rage, i got it on their introductory price of $975, but I got another 10% off cause john didn't meet the deadline by about three weeks, so $877.50. But here they are with all the options...

PT-Performance.com

super, that's the wg darksun sent me when i bought his turbo set-up from him. besides, aren't there like 50 other parts of our cars that aren't lead compatable?
lol yea but after doing dump tubes for both style flanges, ill never do a 2 bolt flange ever again haha. v-band FTMFW

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks good.

Why not a 44 - what turbo are you going to run?
I'm using a turbonetics t60-1. It's the one darksun used on his ms3 to get his 345whp. I imagine I'll be able to squeeze a lil more out of it though, even with the drivetrain loss. He used it with a steedspeed manifold that performed about the same as stock, an full short ram intake, a full fmic, and the 38mm wg (0.5 bar spring) I got off him too. I'll be using it with my crazy efficient l/a tmic, open-element filter, blow-thru cold pipe, the same wg (1.0 bar spring), and the ptp equal length mani. Oh, and he tuned via cpe, and I'm tuning via versatune :)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's still in Beta, and currently they are writing all the tunes based on provided logs. It's coming though ;)

Reactions: MPSdriver

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
hurry up.... that is all

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice mani. subbin to see the final product.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I'm currently having issues with the oil drain line and the air filter fittment. I might have to go filterless and just clamp a screen on the turbo. the brake fluid resevoir, lines, and cylinder are smack-dab in the way. I will have to relocate these to get a filter on there. That's really the only issues holding me back at this point. That and I think I'll have to chop up my dump tube a little, but I kind already imagined that would be the case. I'm hoping I can get most of the issues sorted out over the weekend. At least to being able to start the car, lol.

Maybe I can install the turbo and everything with the steedspeed mani I have, drive it up to a shop with the ptp mani, and let them deal with moving the brake stuff, lol.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts