Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the weather was nice last night and
Was on the freeway with a long straightaway, I switched on my meth map and punched it.

Next thing I know, I see my boost spiking to 30+psi and a loud ass BOOM as if something exploded. I coast to a stop and RPMs are fluctuating and AFRs are everywhere.

NOT GOOD

I am expecting the worst....
I pull over look under my car and NO OIL!!!!! Yay!!!!

Pop the Hood and my IC pipe Blew right off of the turbo.
The force was so strong that it cracked the bracket that bolts down the CP-E IC pipes. I had no tools so I just put it together and drove home. Shes still good as new Im hoping........

Man do I need another hobby. Driving this damn car is not good for my health.

Sorry, I just had to say this.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Holy crap Yoichi! I bet your butthole puckered up and turned inside out at the sound of that.
Hope everything is ok.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
lol I know the feeling. Once my boost caused my (at the time) turbosmart BPV to shear the bolts that hold it together and made the top half of it fly off and hit my hood. Bout shit myself.

Also, Want the stang gt. Though not until 2013 or so. xD Let them work out any kinks it may have and the aftermarket pioneers do their thing without my help.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
lol I know the feeling. Once my boost caused my (at the time) turbosmart BPV to shear the bolts that hold it together and made the top half of it fly off and hit my hood. Bout shit myself.

Also, Want the stang gt. Though not until 2013 or so. xD Let them work out any kinks it may have and the aftermarket pioneers do their thing without my help.
Shit, the car hasn't even come out yet and it has 10x the aftermarket parts that we have. Insanity!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Why in the hell was your boost spiking? DId you check your wastegate lines?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
line to the ewg also was loose. thats probably why it spiked and blew off the IC pipe. I need to zip tie that hose real good.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This motor has been through alot the past 4 month and I mean ALOT.

Shows how damn bulletproof this thing is.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Damn dude I thought you blew your engine from the title ! Glad its a minor fix

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
will your advans to me

·
Registered
1,271 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Wow. You had me scared for you for a minute! Same thing happened to me a while back. Nailed it, hit full boost and boom! Lost all power and scared the shit out of me. The coupler blew off the turbo.

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
Sooo glad it's ok!!

I read the subject line & thought "Oh Noooooooo!"

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tightened up the wastegate line and secured the IC pipes last night. Idle/AFR is tits on and the car is back to normal.

This damn motor is literally bulletproof so far

Phew

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Damn dude my own butthole puckered from the title man. Don't do that to us! Haha. Dude if u woulda popped I would've parted out tomorrow.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lol.....

I knew the title would catch many of you off guard!!

Thanks for your support and concern.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Pop the Hood and my IC pipe Blew right off of the turbo.
The force was so strong that it cracked the bracket that bolts down the CP-E IC pipes. I had no tools so I just put it together and drove home. Shes still good as new Im hoping........
OH GOD!!! This EXACT same scenario happened to me! I remember I was just going to pick up a buddy (to go pick up an engagement ring for my chick) when it happened. I pulled over as my car was limping along and had already accepted that I was going to need a new engine. I was thinking how I would finance a forged build and what I could do for a car in the meantime. Pop the hood, see my pipes blown off, and I was one happy fuck!

It's like when you get that text message that says, "I'm a week late, just thought I'd let you know." and then a "false alarm" follow message up the next day hahahaha.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts