Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

Since taking delivery of my '06 6 Wagon, I have been searching for a proper iPod integration into the car. I've read on this site about a few, but there seems to be mixed results and opinions about all of them. I don't want a system that uses the FM modulator or the phones jack. I want a hard wired system that will charge the iPod and allow me to control the music with the stereo buttons.

Ideally I'd like for the music information to be displayed on the stereo readout, but from what I have read - this is as yet impossible. Is this true? I had high hopes for the DICE electronics unit in this regard, but I gather it wont do what I am looking for. Are there any that will use the stereo readout?

What do people reccommend to use / stay away from? What are your positive / negative experiences?

If you were buying one - what would you buy?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm a bit unclear as to the functionality of the Audiolink unit. Does it only play "playlists"? Can I just plug in the iPod and play all the songs on it? What about Artist or Genre Specific? For example, could I plug in the iPod and select to play all Rock songs?

Once the iPod is plugged in, can I still use the scroll wheel to select a song or Genre or is it entirely done through the radio controls - and if so, are those controls limited to simply next/previous song or next/previous playlist?

Thanks a lot for the help!

Has anyone tried the DICE unit?

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
It has dual functionality. You can just plug it in and use it the same way as if you were using headphones, allowing you to control via the iPod and still change tracks via the headunit OR you can switch to playlist mode, which transfers more control to the headunit and disables the iPod controls.

Check out the item description on our website for more detail.

The DICE unit has the same functionality at a higher price.

·
Registered
347 Posts
if u want to go the expernive route, by a metra kit then you can put any single din headunit in. I put the pioneer avic n3, then the pioneer ipod and i can see the ipod screen on my nav screen but this will cost around 3000 but u also get a dvd player and a navigation syste.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
if u want to go the expernive route, by a metra kit then you can put any single din headunit in. I put the pioneer avic n3, then the pioneer ipod and i can see the ipod screen on my nav screen but this will cost around 3000 but u also get a dvd player and a navigation syste.
[/b]
If there was one available for the 2006!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not really interested in replacing the stock stereo and all that. That's what my other car is for! I just need a unit (like the Audio Link one) that will let me use my iPod with the stock unit.

I guess I need to put one of these on my Christmas list! ;)

falcontx, I see you offer free shipping to the US, but what about to Canada? Do you ship to Canada via USPS?

Thanks!

Nick

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
Not really interested in replacing the stock stereo and all that. That's what my other car is for! I just need a unit (like the Audio Link one) that will let me use my iPod with the stock unit.

I guess I need to put one of these on my Christmas list! ;)

falcontx, I see you offer free shipping to the US, but what about to Canada? Do you ship to Canada via USPS?

Thanks!

Nick
[/b]
Shipping for the AudioLink to Canada is currently free, and we do use USPS.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi, I recently got the AudioLink in South Africa. The first unit did have a problem, but Donny from RPM shipped me a replacement unit with no argument and it is great.

For me the choice was between this and the Sylfex unit - the main difference being you can actually get one of the AudioLink units.

Great product and great service.

Also, have to thank the guys on this site who have posted some really useful info on dash removal and running the AudioLink through to the centre console.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts