Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ordered this bar yet? I'm just wondering how this bar feels compared to the RB sway. Also, the 6 version doesnt include any sort of rear tie bar like pictured on the website?

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Progress would have had a good sized welcoming to this community but they choose to use the 6 of one of their worker's sons instead of my car, even when I had setup to go in for the prototyping already. So as it stands I don't think anyone in the community has had any experieince with them on the 6. If you want to be the guinea pig, go ahead and let us know how it works out!

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Has anyone ordered this bar yet? I'm just wondering how this bar feels compared to the RB sway. Also, the 6 version doesnt include any sort of rear tie bar like pictured on the website?
[/b]
We are going to install one on our shop car in the coming weeks. We also had one customer purchase the bar, but it has not been shipped just yet.

They only offer a rear sway bar for the 6. The photo we used was simply a stock photo since we didn't have a picture of the actual product. I have one here now, so I will try to get some shots to update the pictures.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could you possibly get any pictures of the actual 6 bar? cause i think i'm pretty close to ordering one.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I ordered the Progress Bar. I had one from them on a previous car and I was happy with it, so I figured I would give it a shot. I will see what I can do about taking pics and doing a write-up, didn't know I was going to be the test pig for this bar though, not even on a shop car, oh well, hope it goes smooth. If I get the bar by Friday it will go on Saturday.

So do testers get any ModMoney Certificates? :drool: This will be my 3rd purchase from RPM, guess I better get one of those sig banners going.

OK guys if you are patient I will let you know how it went hopefully by Monday.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Guess it's not getting installed this weekend, bar never got here. Pretty bummed, considering I ordered it early so I was sure it would be here in time for this weekend. Guess it won't be going on for a while then cause I was going to do it at my buddies shop that I only see every once in a while, it's a 2 hour drive to get there. Sorry guys guess you and I both will have to wait, too bad it took so long considering it was sitting in stock and my order just got lost.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have had the sway bar installed for over a week now and it's good. I have to mention I got a complete new set of endlinks, nuts and bolts for the set, I decided not to take any chances. I have a 6S Hatch and it seems to be pretty well balanced with with stock suspension on that car. Fitment was pretty good and I have not had any squeking or knocking.

The car doesn't plow at all any more and is way more confident around turns. I can feel it's much more nuetral and will allow me to put down alot more throttle in the turns, however if you do mash the gas you still will be able to spin the tires up front and it will understeer because of that, but with good reasonable power application the car just sticks through turns. I get the feeling if you get too cocky and come into a turn way too fast you could possibly get some oversteer if you are looking for it. It really seems a good balance. I would guess the 27mm RB rear would be too much if you didn't swap out the front sway as well.

All things considered the product seems to be good, fitment was pretty good, install wasn't too bad and handling is very balanced. If you want to stick with the stock suspension just get it a little more balanced then I would say this is a great choice, smaller 22mm whiteline may not be enough and the 27mm RB I would think may make it a little tail happy if you don't do the front as well.

If you are going to do a full suspension then upgrade the front at the same time and get a thicker rear one to compensate. I would say the 24mm progress is very well balanced to the stock front one, so consider that setup nuetral and increase both front and rear from that as a benchmark.

All things considered enjoying the setup very much.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Nice write up

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
DjLethal6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing