Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
BTW I changed the RSB to the stiffer setting the other day and I absolutely love how the car reacts in tight corners now. A+

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
How big would you say the difference is, seat of the pants wise?

Sent from a Samsung that doesn't explode.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
How big would you say the difference is, seat of the pants wise?

Hard to say exactly as I made two changes at the same time. I went from this:

Springs: Tanabe
Shocks: Koni FSD
RSB: Progress Soft

to this:

Springs: OE
Shocks: Koni FSD
RSB: Progress Stiff

and the car gets through tight corners MUCH better. I can't tell how much of the flat cornering on OE springs can be attributed to the FSD's or the RSB, but definitely noticed the difference in how tight the car turns, which is due to the RSB. I fully endorse the stiff setting.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Uh oh, double parameter shift lol.

Good to know, thanks. Still need to pick up the bar. I've been lazy...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I installed this bar on my M6 last weekend. Absolutely fantastic. It used to be a chore to drive this car through curvy roads, now it is a pleasure.

I choose the looser of the two settings. Now, while coasting (no throttle/braking) around a bend, the car is completely neutral with no signs of understeer or oversteer. The back tires actually start to make some noise, where before only the front tires would squeel as it understeered.

At low/medium speed turns when I dig into the throttle, the fwd whips the front end around the turn and doesn't induce any understeer. I have yet to hit the limit in any high speed turns/sweepers so I cannot comment when traveling faster than say 40mph around a bend. However, I have no reason to believe the car would behave any differently.

In fact, the bar (and some yellow-stuff pads) made such a difference that I am debating if I even need summer sport tires or if I should keep running all-seasons. I like the ability to drive in light snow up in the mountains.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thread revival here. After doing lots of research on the "best" RSB for my needs, I found Donkey's thread here about a month ago. Sign me up as another happy user of the Progress RSB. So far only on the softer setting, but the rear is really planted in daily driving (hello on-ramps) compared to before. No noise or harshness to report... Steering is very direct now! No more "boat rolling" when I steer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for your research! I'd like to buy one but using your link, the bar is out of stock. Waiting to hear when it'll be back for the best price.

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT
237 Posts
I recently installed the Progress RSB, order directly from Progress just order the one labeled for Mazda 3 as they are the same, and I LOVE it. Car turns so much sharper, and no clunking or noises.

Reactions: TalonTsi90

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone install this RSB on a 2018+ Mazda 6?
Tha
Just had it installed on my 18 Signature. Holy crap what a difference.... no weird noises, just amazingly better handling. I did springs at the same time but I think the big difference was the RSB. Best bang for the buck mod ever imho.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,573 Posts
How difficult was it to get out without dropping the subframe? Curious. As dropping it seems easy enough.

·
Registered
2016 6
362 Posts
After reading all these positive comments I just ordered mine off the link and it was the last one! Sorry future posters lol. I'm excited to see how this will affect the car while also having the tanabe strut bar installed. Also can anyone with the progress RSB installed let me know if they kept the stock links and if not which ones they went with?

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT
237 Posts
After reading all these positive comments I just ordered mine off the link and it was the last one! Sorry future posters lol. I'm excited to see how this will affect the car while also having the tanabe strut bar installed. Also can anyone with the progress RSB installed let me know if they kept the stock links and if not which ones they went with?
I replaced the end-links with Moog ones from RockAuto that are way thicker than the stock ones (keep in mind left rear and right rear are slightly different, so it's not just a matter of ordering two).
IF you're not going to use the stiffer setting you might be able to stay with the stock ones, but I push my car hard and didn't want to snap one.

How difficult was it to get out without dropping the subframe? Curious. As dropping it seems easy enough.
I'm not sure if it's possible to do without lowering the subframe a couple inches, it's a tight spot. Honestly it wasn't too bad lowering the subframe, 4 bolts, and will make the whole process MUCH easier.

·
Registered
2016 6
362 Posts
I replaced the end-links with Moog ones from RockAuto that are way thicker than the stock ones (keep in mind left rear and right rear are slightly different, so it's not just a matter of ordering two).
IF you're not going to use the stiffer setting you might be able to stay with the stock ones, but I push my car hard and didn't want to snap one.

I'm not sure if it's possible to do without lowering the subframe a couple inches, it's a tight spot. Honestly it wasn't too bad lowering the subframe, 4 bolts, and will make the whole process MUCH easier.
You wouldn’t happen to have the part numbers for those moog links would ya?

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT
237 Posts
Reactions: Trollz3457

·
Registered
34 Posts
I installed this bar on my M6 last weekend. Absolutely fantastic. It used to be a chore to drive this car through curvy roads, now it is a pleasure.

I choose the looser of the two settings. Now, while coasting (no throttle/braking) around a bend, the car is completely neutral with no signs of understeer or oversteer. The back tires actually start to make some noise, where before only the front tires would squeel as it understeered.

At low/medium speed turns when I dig into the throttle, the fwd whips the front end around the turn and doesn't induce any understeer. I have yet to hit the limit in any high speed turns/sweepers so I cannot comment when traveling faster than say 40mph around a bend. However, I have no reason to believe the car would behave any differently.

In fact, the bar (and some yellow-stuff pads) made such a difference that I am debating if I even need summer sport tires or if I should keep running all-seasons. I like the ability to drive in light snow up in the mountains.
Nice setup! Ive got the progress bar on the loose setting and yellowstuff pads aswell. Have you had an alignment recently? The reason I ask is my car is still not quite neutral off throttle, and tends to push slightly at the limit. Just curious about that or any other differences from stock?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I hope they restocked because I just paid for one of the these and am real excited about it.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts