Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CorkSport announces the release of our new Power Series HighFlow Catalyst Racepipes for the 2005-2007 Mazdaspeed6 / MPS.
For a lot of our customers, swapping out a racepipe on track days
for a factory catalyst when they get home is not an option.
Wanting to be able to share the benefits of a larger diameter
improved flow exhaust with customers, we decided to build these
Direct Replacment 3” High Flow Catalytic Converters.

With this addition to our MS6 racepipe lineup, we now have two configurable
options - a resonated racepipe for track days and a high flow catalyst racepipe.
Both offer a deeper tone by utilizing a larger diameter primary tubing while
keeping the amplitude of the exhaust noise lower than a straight pipe by adding
the resonator or High Flow Catalyst.

Installation is a snap and takes roughly 1 hour from start to finish. The
racepipe uses factory style flanges and is built off of a fixture with factory
mount points based on the factory catalyst which results in a direct fit. The
front connection features a full floating front flange and spherical gasket
connection to attach to factory or aftermarket downpipes that use a factory or
80mm donut gasket.

The Racepipe itself is made entirely of TIG Welded 3 inch diameter T304
Stainless Steel (with 410 Stainless Housing for the Catalytic Converter on
catalyst versions). The catalyst utilizes state of the art metallic substrate
material to prevent the cracking and fragmentation that can occur with ceramic
factory style substrates. Additionally, our catalysts do not use conventional
expanded vermiculite or fiberglass packing material. Instead they use a metal
crush ring that ensures the catalyst substrate material will stay in place and
not blow out under high temperature and pressure.

The CorkSport MS6 Racepipe features full installation instructions and comes
with all required hardware for installation. Telephone installation support is
available for the Power Series Racepipe and all CorkSport products.

*CATALYST MODEL NOT FOR SALE FOR CUSTOMERS IN CALIFORNIA.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Oh hell yes. Damn, I love CS. This makes life so much easier.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
300 for this? a little over priced no?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
catted option from corksport with their shorty .. could very well compliment my corksport cbe..
however still steep for a catted dp solution... guess the premium is on interchangability.. but dont know too many that will take advantage of that..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (amp @ Feb 12 2010, 12:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1636584
catted option from corksport with their shorty .. could very well compliment my corksport cbe..
however still steep for a catted dp solution... guess the premium is on interchangability.. but dont know too many that will take advantage of that..[/b]
Huh. Good point on the price. I have no idea where the miscommunication occurred on this, but I'm guessing it was my fault. I went back to my white papers for this product and we had it figured out at $279. Product page will be updated today and I'm updating the title of this thread also.

Jason

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
I'll give you $250! Take it or leave it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
So no performance gain/loss, just a convenience thing for emissions control... Got it, thanks.

How about noise levels??? I understand noise is relative, but it is silly loud???

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
QUOTE (awh @ Feb 13 2010, 09:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1636767
I have the turboxs racepipe installed and passed the emissions test in Connecticut no problem.

http://www.turboxs.com/shop_car4.php?car=19[/b]
Whaaaat?
I've got a catless Corksport DP, with a TXS RP mated to it. So, yeah. No cats on the car. If I can swap this bitch in place of the TXS, I've got a cat on the car without any cutting or welding, and I can likely pass an inspection. That said, my inspection sticker expired 3 months ago. Lawl!!

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
It wouldn't throw a code. However, my CS DP has, in cold weather. I think it has something to do with how far one of the O2 sensors seats down into the pipe. Anyway, only happened twice for me.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Feck that. Cats make for a farty, rotten egg aroma. In my case, running catless, a rich, wholesome whiff of unburnt gasoline stimulates my olefactory. Everytime.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
this will still cause a CEL with the CS dp because there is no cat BETWEEN the sensors.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
The CS DP could trigger a code. This RP will not. If your CS DP does not throw codes already, the addition of this RP will not have an effect in that regard.
If you are considering the CS DP, I believe they ship with a CEL "fix". I think it is essentially a shim which manipulates the position the O2 sensor rests in the bung/pipe, and invariably its position relevant to the current of the exhaust stream that flows in the pipe.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don't have the downpipe but was considering it. As super said which confirmed what I thought that there is no cat in between the sensors... and I'm not really a fan of tricking the sensors...

Has anyone added a cat to the downpipe so it is in the middle of the 2 sensors? Or is there no room due to the split design?

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
It's still highly unlikely you'll see a CEL issue. There's plenty of members here who are able to vouch for that. It's not really tricking the sensors.
It's most likely to occur in cold weather, when the car is cold.
Anyhow, if you insist on adding a cat to the CS DP, I say why bother. There's other DP options out there that can be purchased catted, and are not of the divorced WG design, and are lengthened so that a TP is unneeded.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts