Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 6s 50k on the clock. The only mod to the engine of the car is a Injen CAI which has been on the car for about 2 and a half years. Just reciently my wife told me in the mornings when she started the car sometimes the RPM's would drop very low and the car would idle really rough then with a little bump of the throttle it would pick up and level out in the correct RPM range sometimes when the RPM's drop it is so sever that the engine dies..... I though she was crazy because i had never experianced it until the other day when i started the car it started up then bogged down and shut off. After experiancing it I changed the factory plugs thinking it might have been time for a tune up but that did not solve the issue because it happined again the day after the plug install. This only happens when the engine is cold on initial start up and it is not a concistant problem it mabye happens once a week max. My thinking now in that mabye the AC compressor is sucking so much power it is causing this issue.... Please help im at a loss here

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind a little more searching and it seems i need to have the PCM flashed with the 33.7 update...... guess i should break down and finally take my car back to the dealer after 3 years of ownership. I hate letting other people work on my car. Does anyone know how much they charge to have the pcm flashed? I has never been in for service so i am assuming there is alot to flash.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
SimplyOrange
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing