Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one had problems with the finish on the center console getting scratched or nicked easily? I believe that I am very gentile on the interior finish of a car and after 3 months having the finish scratched like that is upsetting. Its not just in 1 place either its all over the bottom part of the console by the shifter.

Anyone have any suggestions for fixing / preventing this problem? Anyone else even had this problem? I'll be asking my dealer at my first oil change.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Reading Topic: Problems with silver center console finish

i got one scratch around my shifter too, my fault...

maybe we could put some 3M pellicule on it that could handle the scracthes just like the one that's made for protecting the front end of the car from rocks and bugs...

·
Registered
878 Posts

Yep, I put a scratch on the ashtray lid from the vaccum cleaner. Seems to be a really soft finish

·
Registered
111 Posts

you mite try Meguiar's "scratch X" I use it on the out side on painted parts of car and works great if the console is that sensitive try on a hidden section first but it should work

·
Registered
1,510 Posts

You could apply a clear lacquer spray paint as a protective coat. Should be available from Krylon, and similar companies. Probably would be best to test the stuff on another surface (not necessarily a part of the car) to make sure it gives a desirable finish.

·
Registered
75 Posts

Why didnt they use real aluminum anyway? That's really the only thing that bothered me about this car was that from a distance it looks like an awesome aluminum console and then when you touch it, its crappy plastic. Is there a real aluminum aftermarket replacement? I heard the 2003.5 MSP's have real aluminum and that they are recalling the 2003 MSP's to change from plastic to aluminum. Maybe the same for the 6?

·
Registered
244 Posts

I had something drip onto the silver piece that surrounds the shifter. dont know what it was but when I went to wipe it off, it took the paint right off too?! Called up mazda and they ordered me a new one :-D

Kyle

·
Registered
6,083 Posts

Well lets hope that a aftermarket company will hear our cry for real aluminum, and other upgrades.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Problems with silver center console finish'

Originally posted by ATL

Well lets hope that a aftermarket company will hear our cry for real aluminum, and other upgrades.  [/b]
that would be nice! and being able to put other standard format radios... :)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

I think an after-market center console kit in Black would look pretty good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts