Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading all the posts about having NAV or not, I have a couple of questions for those of you with the factory NAV.
First, While my nav will accept street addreses, it will not provide lists of restaurants, gast stations, etc., by city. When I try to get a list under a certain category, the "List" button is not active, and the box on the top right corner of the screen that is supposed to give the number of locations remains blank. Has this happened to anyone?
Second, several posts mentioned not being able to add destinations while the car is moving. I haven't tried entering addresses while moving, but it does allow me to pick destinations from the address book or the Home destination while driving. Does this sound correct?
After reading the posts aobut the high cost of updated map disks, I'm sort of hoping my nav does have a problem and the Mazda dealer will fix it by putting the new map disk in it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
After reading all the posts about having NAV or not, I have a couple of questions for those of you with the factory NAV.
First, While my nav will accept street addreses, it will not provide lists of restaurants, gast stations, etc., by city. When I try to get a list under a certain category, the "List" button is not active, and the box on the top right corner of the screen that is supposed to give the number of locations remains blank. Has this happened to anyone?[/b]
I believe that the nav system will display locations of restaurants under a given category (chinese, fast food, mexican, etc.) directly on the map, but I don't believe it will give you a list of the restaurants for your city. Once the locations are displayed on the map, you can get the information about them by moving the pointer on the map on top of the restaurant you want to know about. That feature is more intended to find the closes restaurant to your current location.

If you know the name of the restaurant you are looking for, you can type in that name, and get a list of all the locations of that one restaurant in the city.

Second, several posts mentioned not being able to add destinations while the car is moving. I haven't tried entering addresses while moving, but it does allow me to pick destinations from the address book or the Home destination while driving. Does this sound correct?[/b]
Yep, that's right. It only limits you from putting an address while driving, but pre-programmed destinations can still be entered while driving.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Is there a FAQ or similar? for the DVD Nav setup?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe that the nav system will display locations of restaurants under a given category (chinese, fast food, mexican, etc.) directly on the map, but I don't believe it will give you a list of the restaurants for your city. Once the locations are displayed on the map, you can get the information about them by moving the pointer on the map on top of the restaurant you want to know about. That feature is more intended to find the closes restaurant to your current location.

If you know the name of the restaurant you are looking for, you can type in that name, and get a list of all the locations of that one restaurant in the city.
Yep, that's right. It only limits you from putting an address while driving, but pre-programmed destinations can still be entered while driving.[/b]

Yes, I think you are right. They will show up on the map, and if you know the name of the restaurant or type in the first letter, it will give you a list. That's too bad, because when I am traveling in a new town, it's nice to see a list of all the restaurants within a certain distance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts