Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the shocks on my 05-6s. At the same time the mechanic did an alignment. He said the back was way out of whack and got the rear squared up nice. The front was out of whack too but he was not able to make both sides the same.

He was able to adjust the front pass at -0.1 but could not adjust the driver side the same. The drive side is 0.0
I trust this mechanic to be fairly competent and thorough. He said that he tried rotating the tires and making every possible adjustment possible.

I mentioned to him that I hit two really big pot holes and that maybe I bent something on the driver side. He told me that everything looks fine.

He told me to look for a camber kit so he could adjust the camber but I have learned from the forum and Mazda dealership that none exist.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a similar problem with my car when I had it lowered and the tyres were scrubbing out. The rear are easily adjustable but there is not much you can do to the front. It would be really nice if there were a camber kit and adjustable radius rods. The car goes round corners ok but with a good kit it could really rail. I had the fenders rolled to compensate cause I fitted 19" wheels fitted. The drivers side might be a little different, oem may have originally designed the front suspension to compensate for the drivers weight. Its very common for the drivers side to sagg over time but your car is too new for something like that to happen yet???

[attachment=18357:suspension.jpg][attachment=18356:1600_cas...rods_etc.jpg][attachment=18358:ktscastorrod.jpg]

Good luck, if you find one let me know I would love to put a kit on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I'm learning to live with the camber change I got from lowering. I still need to get an alignment on mine, my rear camber really needs adjusted on mine.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. Do you think adding adjustable A-Arms will fix this problem. My car pulls to one side because of this alignment issue so I want to get it corrected.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
there's a thread in the suspension forum on adjustable a-arms. but I don't think anything ever materialized about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts