Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i drive the 2.3 lux sport 6 and lately i'm having trouble with this annoying sound i get from under the car.

It seems that everytime i use the 6 for touring and go back home i can hear this screeching/squeaking sound...like an insect sound coming from under the car between the engine and the exhaust manifold.
This happens when the car is in stop position(park) and with the engine on.

Do you guys have the same sound?Is it normal for the 6?
And i just had my 10,000 Km service last week but it still produces the same sound.

In addition, i often pull the rev to 6.5 from gear 1-2-3 coz it gives me the 'feel' when driving.

I'm sorry i can not describe it in more details since english is not my 1rst language.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Reading Topic: Problem With The Engine?

i had the same problem when i first got my car and i took it in and they said it was a heat shield makin the rattling on the mid pipe right after the catalytic converter, but nothing like an insect screech or so on.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Yeah..rattling..tat's the word i've been looking for. thx :)
so dya reckon i should go to the dealer and get it fixed? or is the rattling sound's normal?

·
Registered
204 Posts

I think I know what you’re talkin about. When I picked mine up it had problems with some of the hose clamps not be tighten all the way. Besides the engine almost overheating and all kinds of warning lights that were on the dash it was also making clickey-rattling sounds (it sounded like crickets coming from the engine). When it was brought back into the dealer they made sure everything was tight (the belts, hoses, clamps, ect ect) and reset the computer in the car. All the problems and strange noises went away. If I were you I would take it in to see what they have to say. It's better to be safe than sorry. And what the worst they're gona tell ya that there's nothing wrong with it. At least you brought it to they’re attention and if it does turn out that it is something major then at least you got a record that you tried to have them fix it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts