Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just tried to update my SD card ('16 M6 GT) but was unsuccessful. I followed the software instructions but unfortunately, the software would not recognize or sync up with the SD card once I inserted it into my computer. I tried re-inserting the card several times. I have a relatively new HP computer running Windows 10.

Anyone else run into this problem?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just did this update a couple of weeks ago and it worked fine (HP with Win7).

Does your laptop/PC 'see' the SD card when you insert it outside of the Mazda Toolbox program? If not it could be a problem with your SD card reader and/or SC card reader drivers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have three cards, two SDHCs and one SD card. My original was stolen from my car 😕 and I ordered these cards. When I insert them into my car, my car says please insert SD card. When I try to see it and update it through Mazda toolbox, it says the card should be launched in the car first. I really don’t know how to fix it. Would you help me? Thanks

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I have three cards, two SDHCs and one SD card. My original was stolen from my car 😕 and I ordered these cards. When I insert them into my car, my car says please insert SD card. When I try to see it and update it through Mazda toolbox, it says the card should be launched in the car first. I really don’t know how to fix it. Would you help me? Thanks
What do you mean, you inserted a blank SD card?

·
Registered
2016 6
441 Posts
So firstly I kind of agree with talon that that may be a fake sd card but to have the card work you first need to vin lock it which requires you to:
1. insert SD card into the slot
2. Turn the vehicle on and open the navigation
3. Leave it on for 3 minutes.

Then you should be able to perform the nav update and it should work. If you’re getting an “invalid sd card” message that could mean that the sd has already been vin locked to a different vehicle and therefore will not work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts