Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed some black light LED's from Autolumination into the front door lights, and also the interior lights (front and rear ) on my 2003 6. they worked great for about a month then suddenly they stopped working. when I open the doors no door lights or interior lights come on. I have checked the switch on the roof next to the lights to verify it is set on the door position, but again, I get no door lights or interior lights. If I manually press the interior lights on button it does light up the bulb on all four interior LEDS... could this be a fuse? I did try looking thru the engine mounted fuse box as well as the fusebox located in the lower kickpanel on the drivers side. I tried replacing the 194's in the door back to an incadescent light to see if the LED's may have been the cause, but still no luck. any thoughts anyone? thanks ~MC

·
Registered
41 Posts
Kind of an old post, but I thought I would post just in case you hadn't fixed it yet. I had the exact same problem when I installed the LEDs. I blew a fuse when I installed mine and even after replacing the blown fuse I still couldn't get the door to turn the lights on. Finally after a month of having no lights come on at night I decided to take it in to the dealer. Before I did I made sure to replace the stock bulbs. Didn't want to take any chances. I don't remember the exact part number ( I would have to check the report), but it turned out to be a part of the securty system in the door. They had to special order the part, but it was all covered under warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the post!! I have been racking my brain over this. you have given me a new direction though. Is it possible to get me more information about that part as I am no longer under warranty? I think I will look into replacing it myself. Since then have you discontinued using LED's as I am sure it would probably happen again? did you have the same symptoms where the lights would work with the dome light switch's but would not come on with door unlocking/ doors opening?

Thanks again!!

MC

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found out my car was under warranty, so I put the OEM's back in. They replaced a board that had to do with security, probably the same one you mentioned. Has anyone else had this happen? I am wondering if it was a fluke thing, or if it will happen again if I replace my dome and door lights.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ineresting- I'm having a similar problem. I just installed LED's in the doors and they don't turn off when I close the door. Put OEM's back in and they stay on as well, so I took them out for now. Do you have any info on the part? Mine is well past warranty so I know I'll be paying for it. Have you tried the LED's again? So many people have replaced their interior bulbs with LED's with no issues. Wonder what's causing this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
steel 6s
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing