Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

Has anybody had problems with their Cruise Control?

For the last two week or so, i have been experiencing problems with setting the speed using the "cruise" button. But when i do manage to set it, it automatically cuts off at random times.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what could be the problem?
I have booked it in with Mazda to get it checked out!

Thanks

PK

·
Registered
322 Posts
Reading Topic: Problem with Cruise Control

It auto-cut off on me when it fell below approx 10km/h below the speed I set it at... Also it auto-cuts if you touch the clutch and/or brake. Also it auto-cuts and won't engage if you're driving below about 40km/h.

If you have other problems (like can't get it to engage on the freeway/non-hilly roads, etc) take it back to the dealer.

-- Rainchild

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replying to Topic 'Problem with Cruise Control'

Thanks Rainchild!

I took the car to the dealership this morning and the mechanic acknowledged that there is something wrong with the Cruise Control.

As the mechanic had not seen this kind of problem before (even in the Mazda 626); he told me he was going to talk to Mazda HQ in Melbourne to see if any other faults like this have been reported.

Let u know what happens.

PK

·
Registered
85 Posts

For those of you with manual cars - here is an interesting trick to try.....

i) Drive to whatever speed and set the cruise
ii) Put the car into Neutral ( pressing the clutch disengages the cruise sontrol ).
iii) Hit "resume"

Hilarity will ensue.....
:D

·
Registered
118 Posts

Originally posted by Velocity_Boy

For those of you with manual cars - here is an interesting trick to try.....

i)    Drive to whatever speed and set the cruise
ii)   Put the car into Neutral ( pressing the clutch disengages the cruise sontrol ).
iii)  Hit "resume"

Hilarity will ensue.....
:D[/b]
I wanna know what happens before I try it. Will the car stall or something?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reading Topic: Problem with Cruise Control

Hi Everyone

The Mazda dealer recently found out what was wrong with the car. It was a faulty sensor that detected when the brake peddle is applied. The part has been ordered....and should be fitted very soon.

I hope this helps out anyone else out there. This is not a known problem by Mazda Australia.

Priyanga

1 - 8 of 8 Posts