Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a problem with the compass on the homelink mirror. Mine seems to loose its calibration. There are no instructions in the manual regarding this feature and the dealer seems to be at a loss. The readout displays a C, a number (1-14) or an errant heading.

Thanks,

Steelsix

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Reading Topic: Problem with Compass...

Has it done this often? To reset it just go into an empty lot and do 2 - 3 full circles in one direction.

·
Registered
142 Posts

i had a guide in with my manual, it says

If a "C" is displayed, the compass needs to be calibrated. Drive the vehicle in 3 circles at 5mph or less untill the display reads a direction.

If it is inaccurate, you may need to set the zone, you do so by holding down the compass button for 3 seconds untill a number appears, then toggle to your correct zone and wait about 5 seconds and the display will return to normal. If you tell me where you live ill tell you your zone.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Problem with Compass...'

Originally posted by steelsix

Has anyone had a problem with the compass on the homelink mirror.  Mine seems to loose its calibration.  There are no instructions in the manual regarding this feature and the dealer seems to be at a loss.  The readout displays a C, a number (1-14) or an errant heading.

Thanks,

Steelsix[/b]
Well first I might ask that you put in your location so we know what country you are from. The calibration method that has been talked about earlier works, but I only saw a map for the US and Canada. There are about 14 different zones (for me I am in zone 5). Hold down the compass button for 2 seconds then set it to the zone you are in. You should have gotten the brochure that has a map of the US and Canada with each zone mapped out. If you don't have it, make a trip back up to your dealer. Hope this helps.

If you are NOT in US and Canada, I am not sure if they have the same type of setup or not.. refer to your dealer for that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I live in the North Eastern portion of South Carolina. Does anyone know what zone that would be? Was the information in the manual or in another piece of info? I got the extra portion for the homelink.

Thanks,

·
Registered
142 Posts

THat is zone 9

it is not in the manual, its another piece of paper that comes along with it, on the front it says homelink mirror users guide, its just one piece of paper, front and back. I also got another users guide for programming the homelink, but that says nothing about the compass

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I have spoken with the dealer and the mirror is still loosing calibration. I usually have the problem in the morning. I can clear the unit and get it back to the "C" and go to a parking lot and drive in a circle 3 times and it resets. But 2 - 3 days later the same thing happens. Anyone else having these problems? The dealer is researching the problem. I am almost at the point of telling them to order a new mirror.

Any feedback on your own experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
46 Posts

Does anybody know the zone for Stamford CT? It is just ouside (30 miles) of New York City.

·
Registered
534 Posts

I think you need to get that thing replaced. It doesn't sound right with you recalibrating it and it still doesnt work after a few days.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Originally posted by BobbyO

Does anybody know the zone for Stamford CT? It is just ouside (30 miles) of New York City.
Zone 11
I had the autodim/compass installed last week, but never received instructions. What zone would Derry, NH be in? Thanks

fwgj

1 - 11 of 11 Posts