Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I have a speed 6 with cpe intake and cat back and also the greddy profec boost controller. I also have a autometer boost gauge.(got this before the boost controller) So today im driving home and notice that the boost gauge(autometerone) is reading onlyug 10 psi. wtf so i flip open my ashtray and look at the ebc. its reading 16.5 psi (what i have it set to) think to myself thats odd must be a leak in the line going to my gauge(its mechanical). i played with the settings on my ebc and the autometer gauge always shows approx 5 psi less then the ebc. The car is running fine. I looked at all my vaccum lines and havent noticed any leaks. the autometer and the ebc are off the same vaccum line and have worked problem free for 7 to 10k miles. This weekend m gonna take out the autometer gauge and make sure theres no leaks behind the gauge. I remember when i first installed the gauge i had a small leak behind the gauge, but the psi still read fine. just heard a hissing sound, sooo i really dont think there is a vaccum leak. Anyone have any other ideas on what could be wrong. I also thought maybe my ebc is reading wrong, but the car feels fine soo i doubt its that. Im stuck. plz gimme some ideas.

and no i dont wanta just get rid of the autometer gauge :)

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Could've popped the stock BOV. Also check all the hose clamps to the innercooler.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
essentially, if you have (and i'm making it simple) 1 hose coming from your manifold, back into your cabin, then a T , one side to gauge and other side to Greddy......and they read differently, then one item isn't working correctly.

for the most part, if there is a leak anywhere in that T of lines....both items should still read the same boost, it won't go to one and not the other, even if the leak is at the hose on the guage.

just confirming that you are FOR SURE that they are tapped with the same vacuum line?

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Could be a faulty gauge.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Could be a faulty gauge.
[/b]
Get one of those hand pumps from an auto parts place and pressure test the gauge and line for leaks by seeing if the gauge reading drops off slowly. If so, some soapy water on the line and fittings should tell you where it's leaking. If you can get or borrow another gauge, tee it in and see if it differs from the boost gauge or profec.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for your help guys. im gonna do what mazda dude said too. i think its the autometer gauge. maybe faulty. it doesnt read the vacum. (numbers lower then zero) and yes they are on the same line mr tea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts