Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had problems with their stock headunit reading MP3 CD's? I can't seem to get a burned MP3 CD to play in the car at all. The CD reads only one track and that track has no sound. I have tried multiple different burned CD's and the problem occurs with all the CDs I try. All the CD's that dont work the the 6 seem to read fine in other MP3 CD decks. I even have a standard burned CD and that seems to work. It only seems to be a problem with the MP3 discs.

Anyone? Advice? Comments? Suggestions?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Manual says that it is an MP3 deck.
[/b]

Manual says that it *could* be an mp3 deck. Unless it has an mp3 logo on the actual head unit, it is not an mp3 player

·
Registered
136 Posts
wow! i discovered this "issue" last night...i can't believe it isnt standar. Mine is a Mazdaspeed6 GT. Any alternative to by pass this issue? i got a creative MP3 player. And i hate play with cables and that stuff...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Buy a AudioLink MP3 Unit from therpmstore.com and install it yourself,
very very easy.....

My Install[/b]
Thanks Yellow...i will try..this way i will be able to hear my mp3s from my Creative player?...

PS: i like your Converse shoes, hahaha

hmmm...it seems i have to remove/unplug the radio and console...am i right? do you have step by step instructions for this?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Thanks Yellow...i will try..this way i will be able to hear my mp3s from my Creative player?...

PS: i like your Converse shoes, hahaha
hmmm...it seems i have to remove/unplug the radio and console...am i right? do you have step by step instructions for this?[/b]
Replied your PM
to remove centre console
visit this How-to Link, it has pics + videos! excellent walkthru
be aware, 4th pic was misleadin, you want to remove the screws aboved the ones that are circled...in the pic, it's already removed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts