better shifting
mean engine sound
no more violent engine rocking
i love it
support cp-e

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
wait... mean engine sound? how does that work?

·
Registered
780 Posts
i just ordered mines yesterday from therpmstore. from the sounds of it, i can't wait till i get this installed, cause I am really not liking how my car's shifting..

kpjimmy, could u or anyone else who has this mount describe the "better shifting?" does the car grab much better when changing gears, does it feel more solid. I can't wait to see for myself

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
well, what im hoping for, is that i dont hafta time my shifts any more with where the engine is currently in the engine bay.

because right now, especially while downshifting, ive gotta clutch in, downshift, blip throttle, guess as to where the engine is in the bay and wether or not it will lurch as it jumps to the other side of the engine bay, and while im guessing that, usually the rpms arent right any more, but when i blip again the engine moves, and then i hafta just say fuck it, and try to just rev match, but the engine still lurches around like a loose bull.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
well, what im hoping for, is that i dont hafta time my shifts any more with where the engine is currently in the engine bay.
because right now, especially while downshifting, ive gotta clutch in, downshift, blip throttle, guess as to where the engine is in the bay and wether or not it will lurch as it jumps to the other side of the engine bay, and while im guessing that, usually the rpms arent right any more, but when i blip again the engine moves, and then i hafta just say fuck it, and try to just rev match, but the engine still lurches around like a loose bull.
[/b]
The downshifting is much easier and more predictable with the CPE engine mount. However, its still necessary to rev match to get a nice smooth shift, but its much easier to get in a "groove" of doing this with the new mount.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
i ordered a red mount should ship tomorrow :)

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
a jack to unload the stock mount is needed and to hold the transmission in place while you put the other one in,

im not sure what size bolts they are, but a regular socket set should do just fine.

basically, jack, jackstands, and socket set.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I have not bought one yet. haven't there been issue with this new blue mount?

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
I cant personally comment on these because I do not have these yet. Can someone let me know if the install is difficult or not? Is a jack/jack stand needed? What other tools are needed to do the install myself?
[/b]
Pretty easy install. Took me 20 minutes to do it. It requires a jack, jackstands, a breaker bar, IIRC a 15mm and a 17mm socket, and a torque wrench. I had the car on a lift, so I used a pair of 2x4 planks to support the transmission.

I have the red mounts installed. There is a very very slight vibration on the steering wheel. The car seems more collected when I downshift given the dramatic reduction in engine movement. While the reds are a softer durometer than the blues, they're still a major improvement over the stock mounts.

·
Registered
431 Posts
from CPE directly or from RPM. I just got my Red one installed last saturday and I love it. At first I couldnt really tell much about vibration but I didnt have much time to test drive at the time.

Now that I've driven a few days I can tell that there is definitely more vibration but its not bad at all and its not even constant.

I love the reduced engine movement when accelerating/decelerating and shifting.

·
Registered
315 Posts
from CPE directly or from RPM. I just got my Red one installed last saturday and I love it. At first I couldnt really tell much about vibration but I didnt have much time to test drive at the time.

Now that I've driven a few days I can tell that there is definitely more vibration but its not bad at all and its not even constant.

I love the reduced engine movement when accelerating/decelerating and shifting.
[/b]
which are better for v6 atx, I already have the cpe intake and i feel it more than ever. I wondering whihc are better the red or blue, I read about some problems with the blues, so i guess that the red are the better ones. let me know if iam right. :huh:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
About this Discussion
45 Replies
27 Participants
silver six
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing